Chapter 10 - It's Just A Joke Bro!

Libra Pov

"We have successfully captured the wolf. It was rumoured that the reserve on this island actually had a wolf who escaped a while back so that's where we're heading next, um also luckily the firefighters were able to successfully put out the fire without any casualties. We are going to head back now, but good luck keeping an eye on those three" the extremely helpful guy from wildlife removal explained. "Thank you, sir, for bringing them back safely and I'm so sorry for your troubles" I replied. "Oh there was no trouble at all," he said.

I smiled, then turned to look disapprovingly at the three little shitheads in front of me. "So anybody wants to explain what happened back there?" I asked sternly. "Should we tell them about the ghost?" Scorpio "whispered" to Leo and Pisces.

"Ghost?" I repeated and raised my brow.

"Yeah, we totally saw a ghost in the haunted mansion in the woods!" Scorpio claimed. "Well... we aren't entirely sure it was a ghost, but we did hear footsteps, and we saw the shadow... or silhouette, of a person in what's supposed to be an abandoned house," Leo added. I sighed and shook my head while the wildlife guy started laughing. "Kids and their imagination" he chuckled while shaking his head "what they most likely saw was actually our rookie, who saw the house and went to investigate but later reported hearing a bunch of children screaming from a room in a house."

"Oh..." Scorpio mumbled. "I knew they were full of shit" Pisces also mumbled. "Why did you guys even go to the mansion in the woods?" I asked disappointed. "They told us it was haunted!" Scorpio replied.

"Who are they?... Who am I kidding I know exactly who you are talking about"

~~~

Gemini POV

"This has to be going against some kind of child labour laws," Taurus said as me, him and Aquarius were on our knees scrubbing the mess hall floor. "Exactly, it's been a week, why are we still getting punished for the stupid joke" Aquarius mumbled.

"They could've died!" Virgo exclaimed looking up from her book. "But they didn't!" he claimed.

"Oh yeah, Leo just broke his arm, Pisces only has a concussion and Scorpio, who also has a concussion, only can't walk since his left knee got dislocated and right ankle was sprained, yeah they're totally fine," Sagittarius said sarcastically.

"Damn, we get it, we fucked up but to be fair no one told them to jump into a tree" I replied.

"Oh don't worry guys, you're punishment will be over soon," Capricorn said not looking up from the magazine she was reading.

"Really?" Taurus asked doubtfully.

"Yeah as soon as all of their injuries heal" Capricorn replied passive-aggressively.

We groaned but kept scrubbing. Suddenly Cancer and Libra came out of the kitchen, carrying three trays with a bunch of sandwiches, juice boxes and fruit snacks. They placed it on the table. "Everybody go wash their hands then come get something to eat" Cancer ordered.

I threw down the scrubber and then went to the kitchen with the others. "Oh and once yall are done, can someone bring food to Leo, Pisces and Scorpio?" Libra asked.

"I'll go!" I volunteered as I finished washing my hands. "Why thank you Gemini," she said and passed me the tray of food.

"No problem" I replied.

"Oh, Capricorn, you and Cancer need to go to the city and the store for some supplies" I heard Libra say as I was walking out.

Into town huh? Interesting.