Chapter 8 - Peer Pressure Works

Pisces POV

I jumped up from my bed, startled by the tapping coming from my cabin window. I looked up to see Scorpio pressing his face against the glass.  "What the hell?" I murmured and got up. I open the window and stared at him, "what are you doing?" I asked.

"Gemini told us to meet in her cabin?"

"Us?"

"Hey, Pisces!" Taurus called out from behind Scorpio. I waved a bit confused, then Scorpio pushed past me and crawled in through our window and was quickly followed in by Taurus.

"By the way did you hear that they are cancelling the scavenger hunt?" Taurus asked. "What why?" I asked, a bit shocked. "We can't go in the woods because they heard wolves around here, and are now waiting for animal control to relocate them" he explained.

"We're still getting those ice cream sandwiches tho, right?" Gemini asked coming out from under the covers. Taurus shrugged, "if it comes down to it, I'll just ask Libra to give them to us."

"So what exactly are you guys doing here?" I asked. "Preparing" Gemini replied ominously. "For what?"

"Apparently, every year Taurus, Gemini, Aquarius and sometimes Virgo pull some pranks on the counsellors and I'm joining them this year!" Scorpio answered excitedly. "And the counsellors are okay with this?" I asked.

"Of course not" Taurus replied. "Getting in trouble is all part of the fun!" Gemini added.

"Ok, where's Aquarius then?"

"He's out in the woods retrieving items from the contraband box in the shed" Gemini answered. "So do you wanna join us?" Taurus asked.

"Umm..."

"Join the dark side, Pisces"

"That was nerdy but sure"

~~~

Cancer's POV

"Hello, we are from wildlife removal" A man came up to me with a group following behind him. I lowered my gun, "are you the owner of this establishment?" he asked while eyeing my shotgun.

"Aries!" I called out, almost immediately arise popped out from the man. "You called?" she said. "Holy shit!" the man yelped and jumped back. "Who are you?" Aries questioned as she stared intently at the man. "W-we are with wildlife removal?" the man stammered as he tried to cower away from her. Her face stayed neutral as she menacingly towered over him, "So?" 

I chuckled knowing that she doesn't even realize how intimidating she was being, "I'm pretty sure they are here about the wolves, Aries" I say. She turned to me and smiled, "Oh yeah, almost forgot about that" she replied. "How hell did you almost forget that?" I asked confused and a little concerned. 

"Ok listen, don't tell Libra but I didn't get much sleep last night... or the night before, I am may be running on five large cups of coffee mixed with Redbull so I'm a bit dazed" she replied. I sighed in exhaustion and pinched the bridge of my nose, "Again? Go to sleep Aries."

"No, I'm fine, wolves" she insisted and turned the group. "Okay, so we heard howling and some of those little shits said they saw some of the wolves while doing who knows what, so it has to be close, this is a pretty big island, and on the other side there is a wildlife conservation and rescue centre, I'm pretty sure they escape from there, so just bring it back but try not to hurt them and absolutely do not kill them," Aries directed. "Question, why does he have a shotgun if you don't want to injure them?" The man asked. "Self-defense, you think we can take on wolves?" I sneered. "I mean, I probably could but anyways get on with it!" Aries ordered, and the men grabbed their equipment and headed into the forest.

Aries stretched and yawned loudly, she then stared lazily at the floor. "You good?" I asked, giving her a concerned look. "How long do you have to be awake before you start seeing hallucinations?"

~~~

Pisces POV

We sat on the floor in a circle telling scary stories, if you categorize "scary stories" as stories that have trouble even upsetting a toddler.

"Her screams were quickly snuffed as he swiftly ripped the head of her body and her blood spilled everywhere, which is why you never bring up politics to a pizzaman" Scorpio finished. 

We all silently stared at him, "Oh come on that was one of my best!" He claimed. "Well, it just wasn't scary" Taurus replied and shrugged. "It would probably be scarier if Gemini stopped laughing when people were dying," Scorpio said and glared at her. Just by mentioning it, Gemini had started cracking up again, "No because why did she have to die like that" Gemini said while trying to hold in her laughing.  

Scorpio rolled his eyes and scoffed, "Fine, I would like to see any of you do better" Scorpio challenged. "You want a scary story, just go to the abandon mansion in the middle of the island, that would leave you scarred for days," Aquarius said. "The haunted abandon mansions" Gemini corrected. "What the fuck are talking about?" Leo said. "There is an old mansion deep in the forest that is totally haunted" Taurus added.

"Are yall being for real right now?" Scorpio asked, sounding oddly excited. "Yeah, I've seen a ghost there myself" Taurus insisted. I gave him a skeptical look, "you're full of shit" I accused and smirked. "I promise, I'm not" he claimed and grinned. 

"So what, you all went to the mansion and can attest that it was in fact "haunted" when you went?" I asked the group. Taurus, Aquarius, and Gemini all nodded in affirmation. I chuckled condescendingly and turned to Leo and Scorpio, "Do you believe them?" Scorpio nodded excitedly. Leo rolled his eyes and scoffed, "No."

"Listen if you don't believe us then you can also go there yourself" Aquarius suggested smugly. "We don't know where it is, dipshit" Leo barked. "Jesus christ don't get your panty in a bunch" Aquarius taunted, he then took a compass out of his pocket and tossed it to Leo, "from this cabin, just keep going west and you'll reach it" Aquarius added.

 Leo stared at the compass before quickly glaring at Aquarius, "Uh... What about the wolves? We can't go with those just wandering around?"  he asked. Gemini kicked over one of the fireworks to Leo, "take this, it should be enough to gain you time to run away." "Umm... but what about the uh..."

"Leo are you scared?" Taurus asked and smirked. "No!" Leo exclaimed defensively. The three started giggling, "I don't know, by the way, you are making all these excuses it sure sounds that way" Aquarius added and they started to chuckle louder. Leo's face flushed, he started to grumble something under his breath and he looked like he wanted to strangle the three of them.

"I'll go" I volunteered and stood up. "It's clear that the three of you are just dicks trying to mess with us, I will gladly prove you fools wrong," I said as I picked up the firework and took the compass from Leo. I started to climb out the window but then Leo spoke up, "Wait, I'll come with you"  he said and then flipped the tree off. "So will I," Scorpio announced and got up. We all climbed out the window and then looked back into the room, "anyone else?" I ask.

"Nah, we've all already been there but you three have fun" Gemini replied and then they all laughed mischievously. I looked back at Leo and Scorpio, "they are definitely fucking with us" I said.