Chapter 7 - Fox

Saggitarius Pov

"Alright time for a break!" Aries announced as our second game of dodgeball ended, with my team winning obviously.

I stretched and then followed everybody out of the gym. Everybody seemed to back to their cabins, I guess I should probably do the same. I was walking to my cabin but then I saw the bushes behind my cabin shake violently. I watched it intently thinking it was just a squirrel but then bright eyes stared right back at me, the eyes quickly disappeared as fast as they came.  

Curious, I decided to follow them. I quickly ran through the bushes, I stopped and looked around. There were only trees and other types of plants and what seemed like a barely distinguishable path. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something zoom down the path and then off to the right. With no moment to lose, I ran after it. 

I pushed past tree branches and jump over logs trying to follow this... thing. I haven't gotten a good look at it other than blurs of what was either orange or brown. We ran for a good five minutes before the thing ran into some very tall bushes. I pushed past the bushes and was brought to a very large clearing but I didn't see what I was chasing instead I saw a very injured and bleeding fox at the other side of the clearing. I slowly approached the animal, it wasn't moving and once I got close enough I could see that it was very much a corpse by now.

"Oh, poor thing" I whisper sadly and stroke its remaining fur while kneeling. Suddenly the bushes in front of me and the dead fox started shaking. I slowly got up and approach the bush, I then reached out my arm and cautiously pulled back the branches. Staring right back at me were the same yellow eyes from before as I quivering young fox pup tried to coward away from me. I softly stared at the small pup. He was also injured but not as much, there was just a small cut on his leg. I very carefully reached my hand towards it, I didn't touch him just held my hand out very close to him. The pup looked at my hand for a while then cautiously sniffed it. After examining my hand, he slowly rubbed his head against it.

I smiled and started to rub his ears and head. I placed out my other arm, to see if I can pick him up but then he suddenly look extremely terrified whimpering and coward away from me. I gave him a sad and confused look but he didn't seem like he was trying to look at me but instead what was behind me

I quickly spun around. On the other side of the clearing was a very large wolf, glaring and growling at me. I gulped as he started to circle me. I started to shuffle away but make sure to keep my eyes on it. We were having a stare down as suddenly my foot hit a very convenient pile of rocks. I slowly picked up the rock. Once I had it I screamed at the top of my lungs and chucked the rock at him. He backed away but his growling got louder. I grabbed a rock at screamed even louder but this time while also waving my arms.  He glared at me and I was getting ready to throw another rock but from the bushes came flying another rock which hit the wolf right in the face. There was screaming coming from there as well but nothing was emerging from the bushes. 

I took this opportunity to throw the next rock at the wolf as well, still screaming I grabbed another rock. Now being attacked from two sides the wolf started backing up more. I didn't stop and neither did the mystery person as we continued to throw rocks at the wolf. We kept going until the wolf turned and ran away. I quickly took this time to turn to my fox friend and reached my arms out. The fox pup took no time to run into my arms. Suddenly running out from the bush the person grabbed my forearm and started pulling me away from the clearing.

"Come on, we have to leave before the wolf decides to change its mind!"

"Leo!" I exclaimed, a bit confused as I looked at who grabbed me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as we all quickly ran from the scene. "I could ask you the same thing but we have no time to ask questions," He said almost breathless. We quickly sprinted into the forest, not caring where we were going.

After a few minutes, we saw a shed in the distance, with a light coming through its one window. "Let's go there!" I exclaimed almost completely out of breath and pointed. Leo and I ran to the shed and immediately pushed open the door. 

"AHHHH!"

"AHHHHH!"

"WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING HERE!?"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?"

We stared at an alarmed Aquarius who was holding a box that had the words "Contraband" that also had an assortment of things inside. "I'm gathering objects for our annual first-day pranks, what are you doing?" Aquarius replied. "We running from wolves!" I exclaimed.

"Fuckin what-!" 

Suddenly from distance was a choir of very loud howls. "Holy fuck we need to get to the camp now!" Aquarius demanded. He grabbed a bunch of random things from the box, which included some of the fireworks that you can hold in your hand and shoot as well as some matches. He handed those out to me and Leo and then it was time to go. "Follow me!" Aquarius said.

We walked out of the shed and made a run for it. Me and Leo ran behind Aquarius, who seemed to know where he was going. I looked down at the fox pup who was still in my hands, he looked both terrified and excited at the same time. Which makes sense cause in a way this was extremely thrilling. 

We kept running until we saw camp in the distance but instead of being confronted with safety and comfort we were met with a shotgun pointed at us. "Stand down Cancer, it's just them fucking kids!" I heard Aries announce. 

"Where the fuck do you three think you were?" 

Wow, Aries is absolutely terrifying when angry, I kind of want to go back to wolves. "Uhhhh... Adventuring?" I lied, in a very non-convincing way.  Aries took a very sharp breath in and hummed angrily, "Cancer please talk to these kids 'cause I might just kill em" She muttered and turned away in anger. 

"Just go back to your cabins" Cancer ordered. "Where did you guys get those stuff from?" Capricorn asked as we were walking away. "Is that fox?" Libra asked. "No" I insisted then ran to my cabin. 

I burst open the door, and there was Virgo, sitting on her bed reading a book. "Where the hell have you been?" she asked concerned. "Oh, you're going to love this story" I claimed and smiled. I closed the door and walked towards her bed. She looked at me confused then asked, "What's with the fox?"

"Don't worry about it!"

~~~

A/n: Sorry for not posting on the 2nd like I said I would, I was depressed. Thanks for reading tho!