Chapter 6 - Dodgeball

Virgo POV

We all made our way over to the mess hall, I walked slightly behind the group with Sagittarius beside me. "So, you excited for dodgeball?" She asked while taking a drink from her water bottle. "I hate dodgeball" I mumbled. "What why?" She asked. "Just not that good at it" I replied truthfully. 

"Well with the way you continuously dodge the ball in soccer, I'd assume you were a pro at dodgeball," She said and laughed a bit. I shot her a look, "I wasn't going to take a ball to the face for a game" I said defensively. She raised her hand in defence, "I was just joking."

I bit the inside of my mouth and looked away, "Sorry I didn't mean to be so defensive" I apologized. "It's whatever, water?" Sagittarius offered and pushed her water bottle forward. I took the bottle and had a drink but then something dawned on me, "did you put your mouth on this?"

"We were practically kissing" Saggitarius replied and smirked. "Not really" I mumbled and handed her the water bottle back. She smiled then shrugged, "whatever you say."

We entered the mess hall. The table from before were folded and pushed up against the wall, leaving a clear smooth space. Libra and Aries placed down cones in the middle while Cancer and Capricorn brought out a bunch of rubber balls.

"Oh man, those ones hurt like a bitch" I whispered. I walked over to the side my team was on and placed my back on the wall. "Alright, for this we are going to play two variations of dodgeball, the first being elimination dodgeball and the second being doctor dodgeball!" Aries announced. "Remember, if you are hit from the shoulders and down then you are out, do not aim for people's faces!" Libra added. 

I looked to the other side of what's a gym now, Gemini was directly across from me and was grinning like a madman. I hate that smile, it usually means she's planning something, I glared at her and then she dragged her finger across her throat. God, I hate having siblings.

I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at her, I know it was immature but she's my sister and I don't care what she thinks. 

"Ok everybody needs to be touching the wall!" Aries ordered as Cancer and Capricorn placed down the dodgeballs. Everybody placed at least one foot on the wall and then Aries blew her whistle. 

Everyone ran to grab a ball except for me. I stayed in the back since it would be harder to hit me from here. Obviously, that didn't stop people from trying. Gemini threw her ball which whizzed past my head and made a hard impact with the wall behind me and caused a loud 'smack' sound to ring through the whole gym.

She grinned at me, I wasn't going to stay in this spot. I started making my way to the other side of the gym whilst staying in the back. Gemini started following me and somehow kept getting balls to throw at me. 

The other kids were focused on their own battles. Taurus and Pisces trying to talk to each other in the middle of the game, Leo and Aquarius were going at each other while Scorpio also seems to be trying to use Leo as a shield at the same time. Whilst running for my life, I wasn't watching where I was going and bumped into someone causing me to stumble to the ground.

"Shit, sorry" I apologized. "It's all good, you alright?" I looked up at who was talking to me and there was Sagittarius, holding out her hand. "I'm good" I reply and take her hand.

She pulled me up and looked like she was going to say something but then quickly grabbed me by the shoulders and pulled me into her chest.

This all made sense since shortly after a rubber ball came flying past the spot I was just in. I looked over to Gemini who was just cackling. I pushed away from Sagitarrius and rolled my eyes at her. Her laughing came to an abrupt end as she swiftly jumped out of the way of the ball that Sagittarius threw at her. Gemini immediately started to run away, Sagittarius grabbed my arm and started to follow her while pulling me along. 

Sagittarius ducked as Gemini threw a ball at her, she promptly caught the rebound. "Go get that one" she ordered and pointed at a lonesome ball in the corner of the gym. I quickly ran to the ball as Sagittarius fling her ball at Gemini. Gemini quickly moved to the side as the ball hit the wall behind her, making the same loud smack as last time. 

"Sag!" I exclaimed as I tossed her the ball I was holding. Sagittarius caught the ball and hit Gemini with it as Gemini was reaching for another ball. "Ah, fuck!" Gemini exclaimed as she realized what happened. "Language!" Cancer yelled. "Ha!" I beamed as I watched her walk to the sidelines. Gemini realized that and promptly stuck her tongue out at me. I also stuck out my tongue in retaliation. 

I looked away from Gemini and turned to Sagittarius, who was snickering at us. Unfortunately, while we were distracted, Scorpio had thrown a ball at Sagittarius and hit her in the legs. "Shit" she muttered and started. I picked up the ball that hit and looked over to where Scorpio was but he had already ran away. 

I looked to where he has gone but he had already went back to hiding behind Leo. "Shit, there's no way I can get past Leo" I whispered but I guess I didn't need to because the ball that Aquarius had thrown at Leo instead hit Scorpio. 

I smiled as Scorpio went to sit went Gemini and since all my enemies are out all I have to do is stay in the back and not draw attention to myself until the game is over. I put down the ball I was holding and watched as it rolled past Pisces and over to Taurus, who was still talking to Pisces. The ball hit Taurus's foot, he looked at it and picked it up. He then immediately tossed it at the inattentive Pisces. "Wow, I guess loyalty means nothing to you," Pisces said and started to walk towards the sidelines. 

Knowing that he was going to go after me next if something was done, I quickly grabbed the nearest ball and threw it at his torso while he was laughing at Pisces. "Oh," he mumbled plainly while looking at his torso. He shrugged and walked over to Pisces.  

"How the hell did you get caught lacking by Virgo?" I heard Gemini ask.

"You're one to talk, weren't you the first one out?" Taurus replied.

"It's not my fault she found herself a little bodyguard" 

I rolled my eyes at that last comment and just focused on Aquarius and Leo. I feel like I don't need to do much here except to pray that Aquarius get Leo out first. Those two were in their own world, they only had eyes for each other and were just going at it. 

Each ball that they threw were like rockets, the balls zoomed past each other and made the loudest smack when they'd hit the wall. I'm pretty sure they were throwing those balls with the pure intent to harm the person on the receiving end. Their little battle had gone on for a few minutes and occasionally I'd kick stray balls in their directions. Suddenly Leo threw a ball and it hit Aquarius in the ankle as he was running away.

Aquarius glared at Leo and walked over to the sidelines as Leo patronizingly waved at him. As Aquarius sat down, Leo glanced at me and then went to go pick up another ball.

Well shit!... What should I do? Stand there? Run away? Cry?

I gulped as Leo stared at me with a ball in his hand. The room stay silent as he lifted the ball, ready to throw it. He hurled the ball. I yelped and rapidly put my hands up to defend my face but suddenly my fingers wrapped around something and I was holding a ball in my hands.

I stared at the ball in amazement as my team exploded with cheers. "Holy shit I actually did it" I whispered to myself and looked up. The other team was just in complete shock, Gemini looked like she had just witnessed the second coming of Christ. 

I was quickly engulfed in a hug, "I can't believe you did that!" Sagittarius exclaimed while holding me in her arms. "Yeah, me neither," I said baffled and wrapped my arms around her. 

Aries blew her whistle and announced, "That's a point for the blue team!"

A/N: By the way thanks to anyone reading this story. I don't know if this matters to anyone but I will be trying to update this story on the 2nd, 12th and 22nd of each month. that's all and have a meeting day.