3 | Life With Predators

Start from the beginning

"Don't overthink this matter. We will solve it in time. Be patient." After that, the Alpha King has declared that the meeting was over. I could smell the disappointment the Alpha has for me but he cannot do anything. He looked like a helpless man who didn't get what he wanted. The King left first before I went home. I brought the good news to my wife and she was over the moon. Who wouldn't? My child is under the King's protection.

That night, we went to sleep feeling satisfied with the King's decision. Peace was in the air as I closed my eyes with my wife in my arms, falling asleep.

A loud cry jolted me up from my sleep and I stood up going alert.

"Björn?" My wife cried and I saw her clutching her stomach tightly. She looked like she was in pain and I went to her side quickly.

"She's coming!" She screamed in pain.

"Oh Goddess! Okay. I'm here." I became frantic and I lifted her up from the bed, my hands on her back and the back of her thighs carrying her bridal style. I mindlinked the pack doctor as I walked out of our house and to the hospital. The air was cold and it contradicted the heat radiating off my body. I was sweating, nervous for my family, and my wife continued to cry out of pain. I spotted the nurses waiting outside the hospital and when they saw me, they quickly took out a stretcher.

"Help!" I screamed out loud. They helped me place my wife on the bed and we wheeled her inside the building. The doctor was already waiting in the operating room and they told me to wait outside. Minutes felt like hours as I waited with worry. I sat on the cold metal bench in the waiting room head resting on my hands. I could not relax. My heart was pounding, anxiety ringing in my ears like an annoying buzz I could not get rid of. I clasped my hands together and began to pray for my wife and child.

"Moon Goddess, please let them be safe. Let my child be safe and healthy. I do not want to lose her and my wife. Have mercy on them." I pleaded through my prayer, begging for her to intervene. I could feel in our mate bond the pain my wife was going through. It was choking me, twisting my stomach to the core.

"Where is your wife?" The Beta disturbed me from my thoughts.

"She's in the OR. Why?"

"Nothing." I narrowed my gaze at him in suspicion before looking down. Nothing. Ha! He's probably sent here by the alpha. He took a seat next to me and did nothing but stare at the room where my wife was. His presence was not welcome but he's the beta of the pack and I do not have the authority to make him leave a public facility. Five minutes later, the door banged open and the doctor came out with a huge smile on her face. I got up from my seat and approached her with anticipation.

"Congratulations! You have a healthy baby girl!" She shook my hand with a big smile.

"Thank you so much, Doctor!" Thank you, Moon Goddess!

"Your mate is being transferred to a private room. Room 19. You can visit her. Your baby will be with you in a short while." She informed me before excusing herself to go to her office. I noticed that the beta was gone and I felt like he went back to his alpha to report. I was becoming more suspicious of his actions but my family is more important to me now. Quickly, I rushed to the room the doctor told me my wife would be. I hope she's okay...

When I entered the room, a nurse was busy helping her settle on the bed. She looked tired but was happy.

"Hey." I said approaching her.

"Hey." Her voice was weak.

"How are you?" I kissed her forehead and she hummed before speaking.

"Tired but it's all worth it. I'm so happy right now." Her eyes twinkled as she smiled and I could not help but reach her hand and kiss the back of her palm.

"The doctor is currently checking up on her. She will be here in a few minutes." The nurse sent me a smile.

"Do you need anything else, ma'am?" She asked Lilja.

"Just my baby." My wife replied and I could feel the excitement she had for our baby.

"Okay. You can hold her again in a few minutes." She sent us a kind smile before she left.

"You should sleep. You look drained." I told her and she shook her head, chuckling softly.

"I'll wait for our baby then I will sleep." She said and so we waited.

"Here she is. Hello mommy and daddy!" The nurse came back a few minutes later, pushing a small cart where my daughter laid. I stood up from my seat and took a look. She's beautiful. Her eyes were violet and they were mesmerizing. She has tiny blond hair.

"She's so small." I chuckled while picking her up.

"Hello baby Krian! Hello." I cooed, stroking her cheeks. She yawned and my heart melted.

"She's so cute." I told my wife and she let out a small laugh.

"Yes she is. Can I have her?" She requested and I carefully gave Krian to her. For 15 minutes, Lilja breast- fed her and we bonded with her. She wore a smile on her face as we played with her and when I noticed that Lilja repeatedly yawned and tried to open her eyes whenever she dozed off, I stopped. I put Krian down her small bed and set her beside her mother.

"Rest, love. I will be back. I'm going to get more blankets, pillows and clothes for you and the baby." I said and she nodded in reply.

"Okay." Then she closed her eyes. When my family fell asleep, I went out of the room quietly to grab what they needed back home. I stayed alert when I got outside the hospital looking out for any suspicious werewolves lurking around the corner. Fortunately, there was none but I spotted royal guards patrolling the grounds. I quickly went inside the house to grab the bags we had prepared for this situation and ran back to the hospital. When I arrived, I was surprised to see Sherrie sitting on my chair looking at the baby.

"Congrats Björn!" She enveloped me in a hug with a smile on her face. She looked better than when she was in the meeting. She pulled out and patted my shoulder lightly.

"Thank you." She went back to her seat.

"She's so cute." She said taking Krian's small hand in hers.

"Yes, she is." I agreed with her. I opened the bag and began putting clothes on the cabinet. She helped me with the other bag and pulled out the pillows and blankets.

"Here. Let me finish that and do this instead." She tossed a pillow to me and I caught it.

"Okay. Thank you." I gingerly lifted my wife's head so I could swap the hospital pillow with her soft big one and she mouthed a thank you before falling back to sleep. 

Thanks for reading this story! Comment and Vote this story if you like it

Thanks for reading this story! Comment and Vote this story if you like it. See you in the next update!

Follow me here and on my social media accounts! Let's vibe!

Twitter and Instagram: notsolilpumpkin

Tiktok: littlepumpkinwriter

Facebook: Lei LittlePumpkinWriter