3) I've never felt like this before

The song above is just something I imagine would go well with this chapter (up until a certain point of course). It's beautiful, the ambiance of it fits perfect for the scene. Listen to if it you like, and make sure you check out the other music the creator has made :)

Put some tissues together, this chapters sad 😞

Nothing felt right as he woke up that next morning, anxiety and the will to disappear heightening

Nothing felt right as he woke up that next morning, anxiety and the will to disappear heightening. His mate would've been 18 today.

He remember being young, already imagining what they would do. Even at 7, the thought of their three year age gap as kids was weird. And he definitely thought it was weird if he kissed her when he was 12 and she was 9 on the lips.

So he planned to have their first kiss on her birthday. Anthony would take her to the garden she loved and adored, hold her hands telling her how beautiful she was, before kissing her gently. It would be surreal, like a scene from a movie. The moon would shine bright behind them, leaving the stars to watch their love flourish.

But it would never happen. Because on that night, Anthony couldn't save her. No one could.

And that's what haunts the alpha king at night. No one could save his mate. He was meant to be there and protect her, yet instead she was gone.

It was like he was in autopilot when getting out of bed, refusing any thoughts that arose and instead just showering, brushing his teeth, and changing.

He skipped going downstairs to see anyone, immediately walking straight to his office. Anthony planned to drown himself in work, just to distract and get his mind off things.

When not eating and working for hours became his day, the knock on the office door made him come back to reality. Anthony's emerald eyes didn't look as his mother slowly opened the door, standing by the door.

Willow sighed softly, seeing the stress and depression practically coming off him. He was in distress, the mother wanting nothing but to comfort him.

"My baby," She calls out, Anthony letting out a quiet breath before looking up. With one hand on the door, and half her body peaking through, Anthony watched his dearest mother examine her eldest son.

"It's time." She says simply, standing still as he slowly rose up and walked over to the door. Not hesitated when he was in her reach, Willow engulfed her son into a comforting hug. Frozen for only a moment, Anthony allowed himself to show his grief by wrapping his arms around her.

His body sank slightly, the mother now holding her grown up pup closely in her arms. When he pulled back, she gently held the side of his mournful expression.