005 THE CRUSADERS

005
THE CRUSADERS

Founded in the early 1950s, a group of friends became famous in protecting the town of Trese. Bulgar na pagprotekta. Walang bahid ng politika o kahit na ano pa mang bagay na makasisira sa imahe nila. They definitely only want peace and order to Trese's society. Pero hindi iyon umayon sa plano nila nang wakasan ng head of the founders ang kanilang inaangking pananagutan at responsibilidad. Mike, a detective and founder of The Border's Crusaders, retired after the mission regarding the missing person cases become a cold case. These group of friends has made their own headquarter, recruited people to serve, and have the power to live the dream of one mission — to protect the powerless, discreetly.

Nagawa nilang makipag-ugnayan sa mga makapangyarihang taong may dignidad, kabutihan sa kapwa, integridad, may malasakit, mga may legal na koneksyon sa loob at labas ng bansa at naitayo nila unti-unti ang headquarter nang palihim. The emergency entrance and exit  of it is somewhere unnoticeable.

They found trainees. Each of which were siblings, and relatives. They trained them unbeknownst to the cruel society outside of the headquarter. And when the time came that the trainees were already mentally, emotionally, and physically prepared, they started to move again. The Border's Crusaders have been back to the mission.

"Before I start this urgent meeting, I want to check if all are here. State your name, position, and team or expertise." The woman beside Cherry said with authority.

Tumango ang lahat.

Naunang nagsalita si Kim dahilan upang mapatingin sa kaniya ang lahat.

"I am Kim, head of the hackers and trackers. Reporting for duty!"

"Glen, part of the hackers and trackers, an expert in making survival kits. Reporting for duty." May kabagalang sabi nito at muling umupo sa swivel chair.

"Carlo, a professional profiler and same as Glen, I am part of H and T team. Reporting for duty." He said proudly at sumaludo pa ito bago pasalampak na umupo pabalik sa kan'yang puwesto at muling nag-type ng kung ano-ano.

"Hi, everyone. This is Dr. Llonard, head of the undercover team, reporting for duty."

"Zarena. Part of the undercover team. Reporting for duty!" Said by the woman with a waist-long straight hair.

Uminom muna ng nakahandang bottled water si Angel bago tumayo at nagsalita. Standing wasn't that necessary but she insisted, for a show.

"Angel. Undercover team. Guns. Reporting for duty!" She acted like an agent pointing a gun to each of the member at nagkunwaring hipan ang daliri. Dead air. She got no attention kaya naman naupo na lang ulit s'ya.

"Carmel, for the undercover. Reporting for duty." Tipid na sabi ng babaeng simple pero sopistikadang tingnan.

"Ashley, head of stunts and trainings environment. I have with me here my four successors but sometimes uselessly lazy. Myca, the track and field expert. Monic, the taekwondo master. Darwin, the mystic martial artist, and Samantha. Stunts are reporting for duties!"  Said by the man with a curly hair.

Suddenly, bumukas ang pinto sa kaliwa pagkatapos magsalita ni Ashley. Pumasok ang anim na personas sa assembly hall.

Sa isang lalake ay nakapulupot ang isang sawa sa leeg nito habang may hawak na isang fishbowl na may lamang isang clownfish that keeps swimming. The other two lads who have almost the same heights reached their seats nang magkaakbay. Samantalang ang tatlong babae ay dumiretso lamang sa kani-kanilang upuan nang wala man lang sinasabi.

"Wow naman, grand entrance." Ashley kidded.

The serious aura has now gone, thanks to that Ashley's line. The people inside laughed at nagsimulang magkumustahan whilst forgetting that they were in the middle of a 'roll call'.

"So 'yon na nga." Basag ng isang lalakeng naka-snapback."Where are we?" He took a glance to Cherry.

"Attendance, Kuya." She replied.

"All right! Princess." He said, and motioned his hand to Princess.

"Hi, everyone. I'm Princess, the head of the devices and weapons team. Pasensya na sa paos kong boses, may clown sa team ko." Sabi nito na ang pinatutungkulan ay si Lester. Again, the whole room bursted into laughter.

Tumango-tango muna si Lester bago nagsalita. "This is Lester, bomb expert, team Princess. Reporting for duty!"

"Francis." Siya ang lalakeng may ahas at isdang kasama nang pumasok sa silid. "Also part of the devices and weapons team, reporting for duty."

Hindi na sa kanila bago ang pagbitbit ni Francis ng kung ano-anong hayop sa tuwing naroon ito sa loob ng headquarter. Isa kasi itong biologist. He is always curious by his surroundings. Isang araw nga ay may dala itong manok at isang pabo. He tried to let them mate and for goodness' sake, nagtagumpay s'ya after countless of days.

Next to speak was a woman with an intimidating aura. She screams a 'do not mess with me' sign on her face. Who would dare to try when she's a pilot in profession?

"Lily, head of the getaway and routes team." Swag, she spits that charisma. Lily was on temporary leave sa kaniyang profession. She really had to take a break after a minor injury on her left wrist. Doon siya nagpapahinga sa headquarter kahit pa ang alam ng pamilya niya ay nasa North Carolina ang babae.

"Everybody, I am Edrian.  Part of the getaway and routes team, major in vroom vroom , four wheels." The tallest of them all, said. Siya ang kaakbay ni Lester kanina papasok ng silid.

"Manel here. Good sa lupa at sa tubig. Team getaway and routes." Sabi nito while yawning. Seemed like she came from a good sleep but was interrupted. She pulled an all-nighter for three days dahil sa mga unwanted cases na hawak niya kaya ganoon na lang ang antok niya. Manel is an attorney-at-law.

Muling sinuyod ni Cherry ang mga ito.

"Who are absent?" She asked.

Itinaas ni Francis ang kan'yang kanang hintuturo. "Angeline. She has to run an errand for our mom."

"Francia, Lorraine, and Anne are absent also. But there's no need to worry because they are still trainees. I think 'di naman na nila need marinig ang pag-uusapan natin dito ngayon." – Lily. "Bukod sa kanila, may isang taong absent pa dahil nasa presinto."

Tumango at tumayo si Cherry. She walked in front of them habang nakapamulsa.

"Since all of you are done giving your names, positions, and teams for formalities, ako naman. I am Cherry, the overall head, reporting for duty!"

Sabay-sabay na tiningnan nila ang babaeng naka-eyeglasses na katabi ni Cherry kanina. They waited for her turn to speak.

She rose to her seat and walked with a limp in her left foot. The woman was holding a silver cane to her left hand to support her steps. Each steps echoed inside the hall until she reached the place where Cherry was standing, arms-crossed.

Ipinatong ng babae ang kanyang kanang kamay sa mesa while facing the members.

"And I am Jo, the commander-in-chief of The Border's Crusaders. After three years of being inactive, finally, reporting for duty!"

"Welcome back, Ate Jo!" The members said.

"It's really good to be back." She replied.