Chapter Twenty Two | What did Nala say to Simba?

Start from the beginning

it was like I was being awakened and I did not want to go back to sleep. Before, sleep was the only way out of my hell. No waking up to a new heaven.

I smile widely, she kisses my cheeks and walks back upstairs with two coffee cups in her hands.

I walk out of the apartment and decide to walk to the coffee shop.

It was the best walk I have ever had, the smile never left my face as I ordered myself, Nicholas and my workers, along with some extra. My hands were full, so the woman gladly helped me out. Grabbing him some breakfast I walk to the florist first.

Pushing the door open, I see my florist overloaded with customers. I chuckle as Jake was being overdid along with his brother and Greg.

The woman smiles at me, and I thank her for her help, she nods her head walking away as I hold the eight cups of coffee, separated in four sets. I handed them all coffees before leaving them at it. I walk down the paths and grab myself a taxi to his company.

After a short ride, I arrive in front. I

open the door handing the man a ten-dollar bill before slamming the door shut. I continue walking inside, waving at the security guards as I hand them each a coffee. "Thank you, Mrs Hernandez- "

"Arabella please." I shouted walking inside; I arrive at the receptionist and hand them both a coffee. They gasp and the woman who hated me from day one thanks me kindly, I continue walking towards the elevator. The moment it opened it revealed Ben, Nicholas assistant. I handed him a coffee and he looks down at it.

"Take it, I got it for you. You're going to need it." I mumble.

"Thank you, Mrs Hernandez." He whispers taking it from my grasp, I notice how much he was carrying and slide my bag over my shoulder.

"Let me help you out."

"No really, there is no need."

"Ben, please." I whisper, I only had two coffees in the container. So, I grabbed a few folders to give him help and he sighs as he stretches out his shoulders. "Alright, where are we taking them?"

"To the meeting, if you don't mind."

"Would Nicolas mind?" I asked.

"No, his important meeting was a few hours ago. This meeting, he hates." I chuckle as the elevator opened to a different floor I haven't touched.

Workers, phones ringing, cubicles. Everything was crazy yet silent in a way. We walk inside and I see the women staring at me, we stroll down the paths before arriving in front of a glass door. Ben opens it and Nicholas' eyes stumble up upon me. I give him a smile and when he notices I was carrying folders he immediately stood up.

He walks towards me and takes the folders from my dying arms, "Ben, why did you allow my wife to help you?" He growls, Ben cowers underneath his tone and so does the two men sitting on the swirling chairs as they watch us.

"Sir-I- "Ben stutters.

"I offered Nicholas, don't worry. Also, I got you a coffee and some breakfast since you ran out in such a hurry this morning." Nicholas settles the folder onto the long, glass table. With chairs tucked in. The view of New York out through the windows.

I settle his coffee and breakfast down, Nicholas smiles as he looks down at it before looking at me. "Thank you." He whispers, even though he wanted me not to hear it, I bloody well heard it and he just said thank you. He just said thank you to me! That is another step we made.

"You're welcome, I should get going back to the florist. It is so busy today." I pick my bag up over my shoulder to take my phone out and slip it in my front overall's pockets.

"Alright, I will pick you up after work then." It was as if he was using me as an escape, he looks so bored, but I had things to do in the florist today.

"Goodbye Hernandez."

"Bye Taylor." I walk out of the meeting room, took the initiative to look back and see Nicholas staring at me. I wave at him, and he gives me a slight nod as I reach the elevator.

 I wave at him, and he gives me a slight nod as I reach the elevator