Chapter Nine | Minnie told Mickey she wanted a divorce.

En başından başla

"Thank you." I spoke. "I signed the contract from before by the way,"

"Were those the only conditions?" He asked, I raise the glass of wine to my lips.

"No, I made you a contract of my own."

"Of course, you did."

I open my bag taking out the contract I hand wrote since Lauren broke the printer.

"These are my rules." He looks down at the contract.

"One: No sexual activities with anyone. Two: You dont pay for anything I buy or want to unless it is really expensive. Three-" I smile as he looks up at me. "You have to move in with me, we are married."

"No, I'm not moving in." I shrugged taking a sip of my wine.

"Arabella, this is a must. It is only temporary, and you get your own room." I shake my head; Nicholas fist folds and I notice the vein being released on his forearms.

"I will only move in if Lauren moves in," I knew for a fact that Lauren would say no, she will say no because she loves her room to death. So, it was an easy go with me, Nicholas rubs his forehead.

"Hand me your phone." I look up and hand it over to him, he types something in and hands it back over. I look to see Nicholas number scheduled on my contact list. "That is my personal phone number, we have to buy a ring and a new phone along with some clothes tomorrow."

"I'm working, I have a Job Nicholas."

"Yes, you are currently working for me. I will send you some good employers for your little shop-"

"It isn't little, I'm looking to expand soon anyways." Silence overtook us whilst we wait for the food, "So, tell me things about you. I need to get to know my husband."

"I have a daughter." My eyes widen, shock plasters itself across my face. Nicholas has a daughter.

"I-Is the mother the missing wife-"

"Yesterday morning, I lied to you. My wife was not one for the spotlight; she did not want anyone to know that she was my wife, not out of any sense of embarrassment but rather for fear that they would come after her. She passed unconscious while giving birth to our daughter; the doctors brought her back and instructed me to go home." He moves about in his chair while taking off his blazer. "She disappeared when I went back to get her."

"Why?" He shrugs his shoulders.

"Everyone believes that I killed her."

"What's her name?" I ask.

"The child or the mother?"

"Both..."

"My little girls name is Rose, she's six years old and loves painting." He hands me his phone; the background was of his daughter. She looked beautiful, he brown hair fallen to her shoulders and her perfectly round hazel eyes.

"She's beautiful," I whisper handing him the phone.

"Yes, her mother was beautiful."

"What was her name?"

"Sophia, Sophia Novak."

This all made me see Nicholas in maybe a different way, he stares at me for a couple of minutes before we were interrupted with the waiter placing our food onto the table.

"So, Rose has never met her mother?"

"No, she hasn't..." How could someone just run after giving birth? How could someone run and leave their family? I slip my hands into Nicholas'.

The silence circled around in my mind, the question alerted every never and fibre of my being.

His hands felt so cold in mine, I gulp down my saliva and inhale deeply as butterflies rush through my stomach.

My eyes betrayed me and looked up, they locked with a pair of green ones. In those green eyes, I saw what I think is a future. His pale green eyes had the softness of developing buds and the hope of spring.

 His pale green eyes had the softness of developing buds and the hope of spring