Chapter Eight | Who is Cogsworth's best friend?

Start from the beginning

The elevator shaft passed by windows upon every floor of that reconditioned building and so was illuminated in the daylight hours. I silently tapped my foot against the marble, before the elevator paused. 'Doors opening.'

As the doors open, I step out into an office. No doors, just the elevator.

I was led into a sizable office with a black oak desk in the centre and a nicely piled leather chair behind it. I look to the side and notice a black wooden bookcase filled with various titles. Two sofas were then present, facing each other across from it.

A pricey-looking carpet was topped with a circular coffee table in the centre. I turned to face the desk and noticed a big window that extended from the roof to the ground, giving me a stunning view of New York City. I see a glass cabinet with nicely stacked glasses underneath that is filled with various wines.

One thing about Nicholas: organisation was main.

I open the cupboard and take myself a bottle of champagne, I pour it into the glass and put it back into the shelve. I scoffed taking a sip as I walk over towards his desk.

I pull his leather chair and take seat; I wouldn't lie when I say this is the most comfortable chair in the world. I take a sip of the champagne as I swirl around the chair. I then take a look at his desk. Even his computer was perfected. There were pens lined up perfectly straight along with a photo frame, of him and his-brother? I mean they look alike.

"I see you made yourself at home." I smile as I look up, locking eyes with his hazel ones. He fixes his blazer as he walks towards me, I lean my arms onto the table.

"I have to check out where my husband works, very organised." I joked.

"Does this mean you accept the contract?" He asked, I look behind him to see a young man with oversized glasses. Jump rolls and stacks of folders in his hands.

"I do, but I have terms of my own I want to include." After reading the contract last night, I couldn't help but notice a few slight mistakes. And things I don't want to do.

"How about we go for lunch?" I nodded my head finishing the rest of my drink.

"Let's go, because I am hungry." I whispered passing by Nicholas, I notice him slightly look at my outfit with a raised eyebrow, I pushed the elevator button and turn to face him staring at my-"Are you done looking at me, Mr Hernández."

"Do not flatter yourself Mrs Hernandez, I was looking at the toilet paper stuck on your heel." The elevator opens and I look down at my shoe only to see he was joking.

I give him a fake laugh as I step inside.

"Very funny, I see you have the joke award of the year." I muttered.

"I might, so what made you change your mind?"

"Just so you know, I am not a gold digger. I don't care about money, but it is just because I am in need. I have to pay my workers tomorrow and rent for my apartment." Nicholas gazed at me, before we both look at his sectary who was struggling to lift.

I wanted to help him, but he denied kindly.

The moment we reached the ground floor, I notice the receptionist rushing towards me angrily. "Mr Hernandez, I apologise for this woman. She will be taken away from you immediately and arrested for trespassing." I chuckled, shaking my head. I look up at Nicholas who closes his eyes. I move closer to him, wrapping my hands around his arms.

If I was going to get paid, might as well make it worth it.

"You really are going to arrest his wife? Nicholas, she wants to arrest me for trespassing in my husband's workplace." I said sadly, Nicholas shakes his head before looking at the receptionist.

"Maria, this is my wife Arabella Taylor Hernandez, I expect you to apologise and start treating her with respect." I smile at Maria the receptionist as she holds in her breath.

"No need, it's fine a clear mistake. Goodbye Maria. I will send you some flowers to brighten up the place." I said, Nicholas begins walking and I follow behind remembering my hand was attached to his arms. "Jesus, lightening McQueen here ladies and gentlemen. Calm down. I'm wearing heels."

"Nobody asked you too." He returned.

Nobody has ever annoyed me more than this man. This man besides me. You know that feeling where you want to push someone over a bridge-I think going to have to read that book Lauren was lending me the other week.

"Are you always this ignorant?" I asked, the minute we stepped out, photos were being taken. I quickly posed sticking out my tongue before Nicholas hides my face in his chest all of a sudden, hiding me from the bright lights as we enter the black range rover.

The door slams shut, and Nicholas adjust himself into his seat

"Take me to Palace Angel." Nicholas said, the driver begins driving as I see him typing onto his phone. I slump onto my seat. "We have a lot to work with."

"Why what's wrong with myself?"

"You are dating a billionaire yet wearing a forty-dollar dress and ten-dollar heels." I look down at my outfit and raise an eyebrow.

"The dress was actually thirty dollars-"

"Exactly."