Chapter Seven | Why did Snow White get kicked out of Disneyland?

Start from the beginning

"Naked? A new trend or what? What happened to your nose? Oh, let me guess, you hit the new automatic door whilst chasing the mail man." She laughs loudly, the tea in her hand.

I let out a fake cry as I storm towards my room, I close the door and flump onto the bed. I grab the covers and throw it over my head wanting to disperse myself from this retched life.

"Oi princess, you do know I took the rest of the newspapers from him, right? If you would have just let me, explain instead of running of like a lost pig then we wouldn't have been in a situation where Nicholas Hernandez is currently in our living room." I raise my head from the pillow, I let out a stuttered angry breath as I rip the covers off.

I grab myself a towel and some clothes, walking past the living room I shove myself into the bathroom completely ignoring Nicholas. I pulled the shower door and turned it allowing it to heat up. Whilst doing that, I brush my teeth and wash my face with water removing the blood stains on my upper lip.

Taking a shower after my so-called accident is one of the pleasures of my day. I love the hot water. I love washing. It's a meditation of sorts combined with a boost for my senses. Showers are my mood elevator, taking me higher. Finishing up, I slipped on my jeans and a baggy jumper.

I exit the bathroom ready to face my doom, I hear a laughing Lauren and a silent Nicholas. "Look at these pictures of her when she was a baby, her bum was so pink!"

My eyes widen as I grab the photo book from her hands and throw it onto the couch.

"Well, look who is out, your husband is waiting. I can't believe you didn't tell me you were married!" My eyes widen in shock, Nicholas glances at me and I inhale a deep breath.

"Lauren, would you mind leaving me and Nicholas alone please." Lauren stood up as she raises her hands in surrender. "Thank you."

"She still has a nice bum now, by the way-"

"Thank you, Lauren."

"It's big, very-" She mimics with her hands.

"Lauren, leave now before I fire you." Lauren laughs loudly down the hallway before she slams her door closed. Nicholas stood in front of me, I didn't even take note of what he was wearing.

Black long-sleeved shirt, the sleeves however were rolled up towards his elbows and the first few buttons of his shirt was undone. Black trousers with a designer belt that seemed more expensive than my apartment.

"Are you finished looking at me?" His normally rich voice let out, I rolled my eyes and sat down onto the chair opposite him. He looks down and sighs as he settles down also. His legs spread out and his elbows leaning on his thighs.

"What do you want?"

"I am here to make an offer." I raise an eyebrow; the door opens again and one of his bodyguards walk in with a briefcase. He opens and Nicholas takes out a few sheets of paper. He slides it onto the coffee table in front of me.

"I need you to pretend to be my 'missing wife'." My mouth drops open as the words left his mouth, I immediately said.

"No."

"No?" He repeated surprised.

Was he so surprised that a woman has rejected him? Because I would be the first due to his surprised reaction. I didn't like this man one inch and I knew he hated me even more. What could I say except no?

"No. I am not pretending to be your missing wife. Why don't you go find her instead?" Nicholas breathes in before standing up, the guard comes in again and hands him another blazer.