Chapter Three | Why did Chip and Dale take Daisy Duck to the hospital?

Start from the beginning

Jake lets go of me and continues with working as I begin helping in since these were for tomorrow. "So, are you going to help me out?"

"Of course, me and my husband can."

"Thank you, since some of the employers are lazy to carry boxes!" I shout to get the attention of Lauren; she gasps eating her brownies.

"I have noodle arms, they might break!" Lauren yells back.

"Like- "

"Don't even go down that lane misses," I laugh out loud.

"No but seriously, do tell us why you cannot come tomorrow?" Jake asked.

"Because, I have a date. And I know some of you might not believe me, but it is true."

"You do? With whom?"

"His name is Mark. And I met him on Tinder." She said softly, pulling out the string of the dead flowers, I gazed at Jake who took the chance and looked back at me with our mouths open.

"Is Lauren finally committing to something?" I whispered creeping towards her.

"No, never. Commitment is not for me." She replied rolling her eyes.

Before I said anything else, the bells ring alerting us that there is a new customer. I wipe my soaking hands onto my apron before turning my attention to the man walking inside.

"Hang on-oh fuck! It's Mark!" My eyes snap back at the door as Lauren hides behind the cashier.

His hair was messily blonde, his eyes were the colour of oak, and his skin was tender tan. He walks inside and I feel myself staring for too long. "Welcome to Arabella's Florist, how may I help you?"

"I need some flowers for my date tonight, I don't know if I should get her roses or what do you suggest?" He requested me, I let out a stranded snicker and looked around the shop.

"Carnation. It is one of a kind and I am sure your date will like it. I can package it nicely for you." He gives me a white flashing smile, his head nodding as he takes out his wallet.

"I would like twelve of them please. Do I pay now?" He suggested.

"Yes, you have to pay before receiving the flowers. Lauren, my co-worker can sort that out for you." I spoke, pointing to the cashier where Lauren was no longer to be seen.

I chuckled awkwardly as I glance around the florist.

"She probably went to the toilet, follow me."

I take out the credit card machine and he hand me a white platinum card, jeez-Lauren chose a rich one.

I slide it inside, "the total will be fifty-eight dollars and if you would like packaging it would be another ten." He nods his head; I type in the amount as he inserts his pin number. I wait for receipt to go through and as it does, I hand him it.

"You can come back in thirty minutes to an hour; your order will be ready by then." He nods his head as he slips his wallet in his back pocket before leaving. I then hear a hushed whisper from the storage room. "Jake you will be fine closing up on your own right?"

"Yeah, no problem."

"Thank you and can you do the recent order before five o'clock,"

"I got you, boss," I smile as I rush into the storage room seeing a hidden figure between my coat and hers.

"Are you seriously hiding behind a coat? I can see your feet. He's a handsome one, and a rich one." I pulled my coat away to see her angry face.

"I look like shit right now! How dare you send a hot guy my way!" I couldn't stop the laughter that excited my mouth as I pull Lauren away from the hangers and into the light. "What flowers did you tell him to buy? Please tell me he didn't buy roses." She begged.

"He didn't, he brought twelve Carnation, so you are fine." She sighed with relief as she slipped of her apron, hanging it onto the hook. I slip my coat on and my bag over my shoulders. "Can we go home now and binge watch Firefly Lane."

"You read my mind, Bella." I handed her my arm to slip in as if a father walking in his daughter on her wedding day. We walk out of the shop after I cleared up everything for Jake to do since it was his day to close up. We leave the shop and walk down the night streets of New York.

"So, do you have a dress for tonight?" I questioned.

"Yes, I do. I went shopping when you let me out early. I will show you later before I leave for your approval."

"Good," I mumbled, the moment we reached my car, I couldn't help but look up to see the same two figures staring at me from a distance. "Get in the car, Lauren. Now." I whispered. "Dont make it obvious." Lauren stared at me but simply nodded her head as we both slipped inside the car.

I made sure to lock the doors.

"What is going on?"

"Nothing, nothing. I am just so tired." I whispered as I began driving away from the florist shop passing the two suited men, my eyes locked with-Maxwell's? The man who bought me a brownie.

"Do you know where my house keys are?" Lauren mentioned as we parked into the drive of our broke down apartment, I slide my seat belt off allowing it to drag against the seat. "I swear I had them somewhere."

"You left it at home maybe, it wouldn't be your first time anyways." I slam my door shut, walking up the stairs as I scan my key against the machine allowing the door to open for the both of us.

We walk up the ten stairs since the elevator has broken down.

"I swear I had my keys with me today, maybe it fell in the storage room..."

"I'll check tomorrow."