Entreat Me Not to Leave

Start from the beginning

┌────── ⋆. · · .⋆ ──────┐

Summary

└────── ⋆. · · .⋆ ──────┘

Ruthie Tallmadge spent her formative years growing up in Litchfield, Connecticut in the family home that had been passed on from generation to generation. While Ruthie never knew her mother, her father had raised her the best that he could. Dr. Tallmadge allowed Ruthie to help in his medical practice, where she learned to enjoy tending to those who needed help.

But when war broke out in Europe while Ruthie was attending medical college, everything changed. Her father passed and she married her best friend's brother. Not for love, but for infatuation on her part and the desire to gain money on his part. While they were never cruel to each other in the beginning, there was never the spark that Ruthie thought there should be.

When her first husband was seriously injured during the war, Ruthie left her place as a medic, albeit a glorified nurse, to care for him. But Stephen didn't live long enough to witness VE Day, when the war came to an end in Europe.

Months after her husband's passing, Ruthie finds herself still living at the Arbuckle family estate in Scotland. And she has an ever-growing suspicion that her husband's father is up to something. But having no place to call home and no one to call family, Ruthie is unsure of what to do with her life. Despite only being twenty-one, Ruthie feels she has already lived a lifetime, with nothing more she needs to complete. Especially not love, her only experience was rather miserable and she hadn't the desire to endure such misery again.

But fate has other plans. Ruthie somehow finds herself in 18th-century Scotland. And despite the challenges, she finds herself invigorated and keen to follow the new adventure laid before her.

Just as she was beginning to process what had happened, Ruthie finds herself taken by a handsome Highlander. And for the first time in years, Ruthie finds herself open to love. Not intentionally at first, however. It just sort of happened.

But there is more to Jamie Fraser than meets the eye and if the Lord has placed him on her path, it must be for a reason. And who is she to question the Lord?

─── ⋆. ·

┌────── ⋆. · · .⋆ ──────┐

blood of my blood,

bone of my bone