Prologue

(Just so everyone knows: Jaunes is in no way shape or form Maverick. He exists alongside Mav as his character. This takes place after Maverick.)

"Science, freedom, beauty, adventure: what more could you ask of life? Aviation combined all the elements I loved. There was science in each curve of an airfoil, in each angle between strut and wire, in the gap of a spark plug or the color of the exhaust flame. There was freedom in the unlimited horizon, on the open fields where one landed. A pilot was surrounded by beauty of earth and sky. He brushed treetops with the birds, leapt valleys and rivers, explored the cloud canyons he had gazed at as a child. Adventure lay in each puff of wind."

- Charles Lindbergh

Aviators. 

The artists of the sky. 

They push the envelope of what is and isn't possible. Pushing their bodies to the absolute limit.

Without them, wars wouldn't have been won. 

But an ever-changing world is causing their species to slowly disappear. Only the most talented Aviators are still able to fly. 

3rd POV

Unknown Location

Morning breaks as the sun slowly rises over the mountains. Its gentle light glowed across the wilderness. A new day begins.

A group of kids are outside of an airfield surrounded by a chain link fence. The leader looks at his friends.

Joshua, are you sure we should be doing this? This is private property!" One questioned Joshua. He looked back with a skeptical look on his face.

Come on guys! No one even knows this is here! I've never seen anyone enter or leave this place!" He argued back. Little did he know that something or someone was watching them. 

Hey, am I the only one who saw the Beware of Dog outside of the fence?" A girl questioned. A growling could be heard as a black shape ran by them. 

O-ok maybe we should head back!" He said with a slight stutter. 

The group began to move towards the fence and all they heard was growling. They booked it to the fence as a black-furred dog ran to the fence barking ferociously. 

The camera panned around and 

The black dog with a skull on its face ran into a trailer sitting in the middle of the hangar before jumping onto a bed and curling into a ball at the end. The dog's collar glistened with the sunlight, as its tag reads.

Grimmjow. 

The bed had a male and female cuddling with each other, sleeping soundly. 

The sun shines through the open window causing one of them to stir. A man opens his eyes, the sapphire color glistening with the sunlight. The man crawls out of bed and stretched. His muscle-built body was highlighted by the sunshine. He leaned over and petted Grimmjow as he runs out of the trailer. 

He turned and shook the female, who groaned in response. 

"Five more minutes~!" The blonde whined. The man looked down and had a mischievous smile on his face as he pulled the sheets back. 

"What are you doin-?" She stirred feeling the sheets being pulled off her body revealing a blonde tail with a white tip. 

He then raised his hand.