34

07:25am

Jungkook woke up happy this morning, the date was January first and he had spent his first holiday away from his family. A few months ago he would have laughed if someone told him he would willingly be spending the few days he looked forward to all year long, away from home but today, as he looked at the sleeping boy next to him, he realized, he was home.

Home is where the heart is they said, something Jungkook never really believed in until today, even though in his case, home was where Taehyung was.

Jungkook knew he still wanted to go to college, he wanted to become an architect and earn enough money to have a luxurious life, but he also knew he wanted Taehyung to be in it, desperately needed it. A few days ago, while talking to his parents, the ravenette had come to the conclusion that he would be ready to put off studying for a while, for Taehyung, to give him more time to adjust to the thought of leaving the resort.

"Why aren't you moving?" Taehyung's voice came out groggy, putting a smile on his boyfriend's face.

"I was trying not to wake you"

"You thinking about something?"

"Maybe, with the season ending soon, I've been thinking about a lot of things"

"Mmmm, me too"

Jungkook had noticed Taehyung's habit of waking up sleeping on his stomach and swinging his arm across from his waist as a way to make sure he stayed put until he fully woke up.

After breakfast at the restaurant, Jungkook and Taehyung were sitting on a bench outside the resort. The air was even colder than before and the snow had been falling hard for the last week, burying the roads and paths underneath it.

"I said I would wait until the last moment before bringing this up but, I'm pretty sure you'd want to talk about it early so we can do this in an organized way" Jungkook stopped to look at Taehyung. "What are we going to do when the season ends?"

"You're telling me that Jeon Jungkook doesn't have a fixed idea of what he's doing?" Taehyung teased.

"Not since a certain someone became the most important part of his life" The other retaliated. "I still have every intention of going to study, but I've been thinking that waiting a year or two, may not be the worst thing"

A warm sensation on his hand made Jungkook look down to see Taehyung holding his hand in his.

"It means a lot to me that you've opened your mind to the idea that there are two of us in this relationship and it means even more that you're willing to compromise"

"Well, I've learned from the best"

"And do we have to decided right now?" Jungkook shook his head no. "But we should decide soon, right?"

"I'm going to say yes, even though a big part of me wants to leave the eventual heartbreak for last"

"What heartbreak? Come here" Jungkook let himself be pulled in a side hug by his boyfriend who was trying his best to cheer him up by saying nonsense, but to Jungkook, it was obvious that the possibility of a breakup was always there.

03:34pm

During all his years in high school, Jungkook had never worked a part time job, his father always said he would pay for everything as long as Jungkook never got held back a year, and now, with the possibility of leaving the resort soon, the ravenette had come to appreciate his job a lot more.

He enjoyed the friendships he had made with the other people here at the resort, even though there was a moment in which he wasn't exactly the most liked person amongst them all, Jungkook was sure to miss them. But that wasn't all he would miss, whether it was the gossiping, the eyeing of the customers or the drinking on the job when he would pull a double shift into the night, those were all little things that Jungkook had grown fond of.