I held out my hand and glanced up towards the sky, beckoning for Sam and Steve to stop walking too. "Do you hear that?" I asked softly as the sound continued to grow closer and closer.

"No, want to clue us in Legolas?" Sam asked as he and Steve strained to listen

"Legolas?" I questioned in confusion. "I don't have a bow?"

"You know, what do your elf ears hear? The Lord of the rings?" Sam attempted to elaborate

"Y/n, what do you hear?" Steve interpreted Sam's ramblings

"A Quinjet." I stated, just as the words left my mouth, the familiar shape of a quinjet flew above the treeline, directly over our heads. I heard the familiar sound of the vehicle landing just past the section of trees that hide us from view. Sam, Steve and I glanced at each other before we cautiously started to walk towards the plane that had landed.

Past a couple of trees was a large clearing that the quinjet had landed on. The engine was slowly turning off and the ramp was lowering down to the ground. The three of us stayed hidden as the ramp settled on the soft long grass of the clearing. A pair of boots appeared on the ramp as a person began to walk down the ramp.

All of my concern melted away as the person finally came into full view. It was Natasha. I let out a sigh of relief and immediately stepped around the tree I had been hiding behind, quickly walking towards Nat as she stepped down onto the grass covered ground. I could hear Sam and Steve walking up from behind me.

"Nat?" Steve asked, half in confusion, half relief.

Once I was within reach, I quickly wrapped my arms around her shoulders and pulled her into a tight hug. I hadn't seen her since the battle at the airport, when we were on opposing sides. And to say I missed her was an understatement. Nat let out a breathy laugh and tightly reciprocated my embrace.

"Missed me?" She asked with a laugh

"Yeah. Just a bit." I said with a laugh of my own. It was good to see her again. After a moment, the two of us parted and I took a step back so Steve and Sam could also greet her. Sam was next to hug Nat, though it was far more brief.

"It's good to see you." Sam said with a wide smile.

Nat returned the smile with ease. "It's good to see you too."

Steve then stepped forward and wrapped Nat up in a tight hug. "How are you?" He asked her.

"I'm ok, all things considered." Nat replied to him "how about you?"

"Been better, been worse." Steve said with a light chuckle, you could see it in his eyes that he was worse for wear after everything that had happened.

Before anyone could say anything else, a tuneful sound cut through the chilly night air. I glanced over at Steve as he reached into his pocket and pulled out the burning phone that he had bought. Smart phones were too risky for us to have at the moment, which sucked if I was being honest.

Steve held the phone up to his ear and answered. "Hello?"

"Hello, Captain." A familiar voice said over the phone. It was T'Challa.

"Your highness." Steve replied with furrowed brows, wondering why the now king of Wakanda was calling him.

"I have good news. My science team believe they have found a way to help Sergeant Barnes." T'Challa said. Steve's face lit up at his words.

"Really? That's great." Steve said, he sounded happier than he has done the whole time we've been on the run.

"We are going to bring him out of the cryo chamber tomorrow morning to begin testing." T'Challa said.