1. Talented Cousin

RRIIINGGGG!!!

Hae Eun woke up from her deep sleep as she heard her alarm ringing. "Oh, it's morning already," she mumbled while walking to the bathroom. She took a bath, then she get dressed. She wore her uniform which is a combination of a navy blue blazer, a white blouse, a navy blue checkered skirt, and a tie. Then, she combed her straight dark brown hair and let it flow down. "You look great, Hae Eun-ah," she whispered to herself. She took her red bag and carry it, then she went downstairs.

"Good morning, Hae Eun!" her aunt and uncle greeted her warmly. "Good morning, Uncle and Aunt," she replied while giggling. "So, are you ready?" her aunt asked. "Yes, auntie," she said with a smile. "Okay then, let's go to school." her aunt walked to the garage. Hae Eun waved to her uncle which is going with another car, then she followed her aunt to a white car. She quickly hopped in, and her aunt drove her to the school.
***
"Have a nice day, dear!" Her aunt waved as she looked at her school building for the first time. "Thank you, Auntie!" she waved back at her. She looked around. The grey and gigantic building amazed her at the first sight. As she walked in, she was even more excited. This school year is going to be amazing, she said to herself.

Hae Eun took out her schedule from her pocket. She's placed in the class 1-2. "Where could I find my class?" she mumbled. She looked around, and find a map behind her schedule. Her classroom is in the 2nd floor. So she quickly ran upstairs and find her classroom easily.
***
"Good morning, class," their teacher greeted them. "Good morning, Mr. Jung," the students replied. "So kids, you're going to have a new classmate. Hae Eun, you can introduce yourself." Mr. Jung nodded at her. Hae Eun took a deep breath.

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Lee Hae Eun, and I'm a transfer student from Jeju. Please take care of me well," she bowed. "Alright, Hae Eun, you may sit between Young Ji and Jackson." Mr. Jung said while starting the lesson. "Now, please open page 10." he spoke.

Hae Eun walked to her seat and sit there. "Hi, I'm Heo Young Ji." The girl who sat on her left side extended her hand for a shake. "Oh, hi, I'm Lee Hae Eun," Hae Eun smiled while shaking her hand. "Anyway, that's Jackson." Young Ji pointed to the boy who sat on her other side. Jackson turned to them while grinning. "Hey, I'm Jackson Wang." He shook her hand. "Hello, I'm Lee Hae Eun," she said cheerfully, "it's nice meeting you two."

They went back to their lessons, listening to Mr. Jung's explanation about world history. Hae Eun, being the smart girl she is, doesn't find any difficulties in learning the new things. She understands everything really well, despite the reality that she's a newly-transferred student.
***
"Alright class, you may have your break time." Mr. Jung announced as he close his book. Everyone started to walk out from the classroom to have their break time.

Hae Eun only stared at the other students who left the classroom one by one while putting her books into her bag. She's a new student there, so she didn't know where to go on the break times.

"Hae Eun-ah, me and Jackson are going to the cafe. Do you want to join us?" Youngji asked.

Hae Eun looked at them and smile. "Sure, why not?"
She joined the two of them to the cafe, where everyone is having their break time. The cafe was pretty big, and it looks really nice and clean. It smells nice, too.

They occupied a table for three and sit right there. "Wait, I'll buy something." Jackson said while walking away from them.

A few minutes later, he came back with three cups of bubble tea in his hands. "Here's for you guys," he said as he put the cups on the table and sit down. "Thank you, Jackson!" Youngji cheered while taking a sip of her drink. "Whoa, is this for me?" Hae Eun questioned innocently. Jackson nodded. "Of course. It's your welcome drink," he laughed. "Oh, thank you!" Hae Eun smiled while started to drink the tasty drink. Bubble tea is her favorite drink, but she hasn't drunk one in a really long period of time.