Chapter 15

*Skylers POV*

I could see in her eyes she was upset, which just made me feel even fucking worse. How could I do this to her? I thought I was past this point in my life, how could I be so stupid! I don't even like Alex like that, I just did it for my own selfish reasons.. Ariana is sat in front of me right now and she's breath taking, and we had this intense insane connection...

I reached across the table attempting to rest my hands upon hers, but she shifted away with tears in her eyes.
"Ariana, please listen. It was a dumb decision, I don't know why I did it!"

I shook her head, she bit down on her lip talking in such a broken shakey tone.
"Who is she? Do you like her? Are you attracted to her? God Sky I don't even know why I'm asking you, you were never mine!"

I tried one more time with desperation to grab her hands, but it was no use she just moved away from me even further.
"It's Alex, I thought I liked her because she's attractive and my usual type but I don't feel certain things."

Ariana just stared down at the table not saying a single word, I could tell by her body language and emotions she just processing it all.
"Skyler, I think it's best we stay friends. What happened between us, I just don't want to talk about it. It was obviously nothing."

I pressed my palms against my face with pure frustration, I wish there was a rewind button because I could really do with that right now.
"I don't want to forg-"

Ariana cut me off abruptly whilst she show up out of her seat.
"You have to, you have a girlfriend out there probably wondering where you are."

Just like that she got up from her seat leaving the room. What the actual fuck have I done? How can I be so fucking stupid!

I can't possibly express how I felt seeing her in front of me again, it was like a massive flood of emotions coming back. Fuck this no, I'm going after her. I got up out of my seat knocking on the bathroom door she went in, I've never felt this desperate to get someone's attention the desperation was eating me.
"Ariana, please come out and talk to me"

I heard sniffling on the other side and shakey voice.
"Just give me a minute"

I paced around the outside of the bathroom running my fingers through my hair, why do I get a feeling nothing I can say or do can fix this. Suddenly I heard the lock on the door, revealing Ariana who looked quite clearly she was crying.
"Skyler I don't want to come between you and Alex, but I also don't want to lose you. I'm okay with being your friend, just give me a little time?"

I shook my head denying what she had just said.
"I don't want to-"

Ariana cut me off speaking sternly as she attempted to gather herself.
"I want you to. Ill message you in the morning, just please can you leave."

I held my hands up in defeat.
"You want me to leave?"

She didn't even say a word just nodded as she wiped her eyes with tissue. I felt so broken at this moment, hurting her is probably the worst thing I could possibly do.

I turned around walking towards the front door, I felt her gently grab my arm grabbing my attention.
"Don't leave LA, we can talk another day just give me some time?" She mumbled.

I nodded.
"I won't leave. Me and Megan are staying just up the road by here, if you wanna talk just call or message me."

I didn't wanna tell her Alex is here too, I couldn't just leave Alex where we was. But, I figured it'll be too brutal to tell her Alex is here too, even though right now I wish she was back at home...

Ariana just nodded staying completely silent, everything in me wanted to just hug her better but I knew at the same time that's probably the worst thing to do right now.