Yes

Zelda couldn't bring herself to see Link before the last ball. It hurt too much to watch him suffer in those chains. Now, she sat on her throne, unable to keep her mind off him. Before the ball commenced, she had sent a doctor down to check on him. She hoped the doctor didn't have to do his job.

The night was still young, early enough to see the sky change from crimson to green to inky blue. Luckally, Zelda didn't have to dance with any suitors, but she knew the time would come. Another thing to note, she didn't see Groose - or Ghirahim or Zatn, for that matter - down in the crowd. She wondered where they were. If they were at the ball at all. If Aryll was okay. Zelda chastised herself for thinking like that, but she couldn't help it.

Rhoam cleared his throat. "Our waltz is next."

Zelda's heart sunk to the floor. "Yes, Father." What she wanted to scream was, "No!" After she danced with the King, she would be forced to accept any offer to sway and be near some random man. The line would never end, and the ball wouldn't stop until all requests had been answered. Suddenly, the music came to a quick stop, the guests clapped. The King stood. Her heart fell to the center of the earth.

Rhoam offered a hand. Zelda sadly accepted it, lacing an arm around his as they decended the steps. The crowd parted for the royals. They took the center of the room, all eyes on them. The music started in a slow tempo, gradually working its way to a faster, lively tune. Rhoam guided Zelda around the Sanctum, ignoring the drooling mouths of men watching from afar. Zelda plastered a fake smile to her face, acting for the sake of her father. He gently twirled her before taking her hands and coming to a stop with the music. The crowd clapped.

As soon as the King let go to bow, Zelda was rushed by men. She glanced at Rhoam for help, but he was already walking away. Just to make it stop, Zelda nodded at the man before her. He beamed as the crowd groaned and scowled, dispersing. He took her hand, wrapping an arm around her. The orchestra began a slow song.

Under the music, the man told her his name, but it flew over her head like everything else he was saying. Zelda forced her head to be high, yet she didn't look at his face. She picked out simple features, finding herself comparing them to Link. This man was too soft. He was too big. Too slow. Too self-centered. He was so busy talking about himself that he missed multiple steps. When the song ended, Zelda thought she could finally breathe, but the swarming crowd stole her moment of comfort.

Through the entire night, Zelda danced with men too tall, too short, too boastful, too prying, handsy, smelly, rough, and anything else. She constantly compared them to Link. He was sweet and kind, selfless and strong, brave, and handsome. Her eyes widened at the last thought. She would never admit she found Link handsome. Although, maybe she could choose to marry him. He would have to be set free, and he would be given proper training. He could take down Ganondorf and live a much better life with Aryll. He didn't even have to stay with Zelda if he didn't want that.

"You like that?" the boys before her asked, sliding his hand further down her back.

She gasped. "No!" She pushed his arm off, scowling.

The boy herumphed. Luckally, the waltz ended, and Zelda hastily separated herself from the greedy boy. This time, she was not overwhelmed by a crowd of eager men. She was gratefull until a tremorous voice called her name. She didn't have to turn to know who it was.

"May I have this dance?" Ganondorf asked.

Balling her hands into fists, Zelda turned to face him. Her throat seized. "Yes."

Smiling, Ganondorf took her hands, trapping her body against his. She scowled in disgust as he led her through a lively waltz with many twirls and dips. It was disorienting. Every time Ganondorf spun her around, the wanted to hurl. She could feel the color draining from her face and her legs going numb.

"Do you feel ill? Ganondorf whispered in her ear. She could feel the smile playing on his lips. "Let me fix that."

Suddenly, the dizziness was gone, replayed by overflowing joy. She couldn't be happier to dance with this dashing man. She needed to be closer to him. Make him happy the way he made her happy. Zelda shook her head, snapping out of his control. He's found a way to tamper with emotions now.

"Trouble in paradise?" Ganondorf threw his head back in laughter. The people glanced at him, terror running over their features. "You know. . . There's been something I've been meaning to ask."

Zelda's heart stopped. This was it. He was going to propose to her.

"I love this kingdom," Ganondorf said, dipping her, then hoisting her back up. "I want to be a big part of it's future." He beamed at his own joke. "And I love the position you hold. Not necessarily you, but the things you can give me." Zelda swallowed the vomit in her mouth. "I want to be a part of that, too."

The music came to a stop. Ganondorf ceased to spin her, but the walls continued to. He sank down to one knee. The room gasped as he pulled a ring topped with a rubie from his pocket, holding out to Zelda.

"Will you marry me?"

No! Never! Not in a billion years! she wanted to scream so badly, but her lips would not part. She wanted to run away, but her legs were locked. Ganondorf's fingers glowed red as he controlled her. The people stared, waiting for their princess to deny the evil man, but she couldn't.

Zelda looked up to her father. He glared at Ganondorf, shooting daggers into him, but he was stiff and frozen in his chair. He couldn't do a thing, and neither could the guards without orders from the King.

"Will you marry me?" Ganondorf asked again, all coolness and patients.

Zelda tried to form the denial, but it was hopless. He wouldn't force her to say yes, but he wouldn't allow her to say no. Whispers spread throughout the room. She tried to trick him by starting to say what he wanted, then change her answer, but he caught her, shutting her mouth once more. Zelda's mind flashed to Link. She would find a way to free him. He will save her.

"Yes," she croaked.

Gasps and insults were thrown at her, but Zelda couldn't look away from Ganondorf's dark face. He took her hand, sliding the ring on her finger. She was too weak to pull away. Ganondorf stood, tightly wrapping an arm around her.

"Right answer," he purred her ear.

He strutted for the crowd, towing her with him. The people backed scurried out of his way, nasty comments growing. Some were even directed at Zelda. Tears pricked her eyes.

Ganondorf pulled her through the castle. He managed to lead her to her room without consulting a map, which was concerning. It took Zelda many years to memorize the halls she lived in. Hyrule Castle was designed to confuse invaders and enemies, yet here Ganondorf was, traversing it with ease.

He opened her door, shoving her inside. "Sweet dreams. Our big day is tomorrow." With one last smile, he slammed the door, locking it with his powers. The handle glowed red.

Zelda dropped to the floor. Her vision blurred with tears. She lifted her hand, ripping the ring off her fingers and throwing it across the room. She bent over, welcoming the sobs that racked her body.