I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into a bone crushing hug. Kayla returned it within a matter of seconds. "I'm sorry for making you worry. I understand where you're coming from. I will be safe, I promise. Thank you for understanding." I said in one breathe.

She pulled away and gave me an encouraging smile pulling me into the hallway towards our class. "You didn't think you would get rid of me that easily, did you?"

I chuckled. "I knew you weren't going anywhere." 

"Who were you hiding from?" She asked as we took our seats and my hand automatically went to the ache in my neck and felt warmness coat my cheeks.

"No one." I muttered grabbing my notebook out of my backpack.

Kayla watched me warily. "I know it's not me, can't be Nate." She listed off. "Is it Jace?" She asked and I stiffened from the sound of his name. "It totally is! What happened?"

"Nothing happened." I said keeping my eyes trained onto the board filled with notes. I started to jot them down.

She grabbed my hand and yanked it free from neck exposing the hickey I was trying so hard to cover up. Kayla jaw hit her desk. "Is that what I think it is?"

I slapped my hand back onto my neck and tried to conceal it once more. "No, I just accidently burnt my neck with my straightener." I defended.

Kayla snorted. "That is the oldest excuse in the book." The bell rung as our teacher walked in to start today's lesson. "I want details later." She said lowly and I rolled my eyes.  

Class passed by uneventfully and when the bell rung I was grateful it was over. I grabbed my things and headed out before Kayla could start with her questioning.

"Don't think you're getting away from me!" Kayla shouted from behind as I exited the classroom. I stopped abruptly as I almost ran into someone's chest.

"Sorry!" I squeaked out and looked up to see dark blue eyes.

Nate smiled down to me. "Just the person I was looking for."

"Me?" I pointed to myself. "Did I do something? I swear it wasn't me. It was Kayla." I pointed to my dark blonde friend who made it to my side.

"Always blaming me for your problems." She shook her head in fake disappointment as we walked down the hallway and out the double doors that led outside.

It was our free period and some fresh air sounded great right about now. After all this day seemed so suffocating. I glanced around scoping out my surrounding once more. Where is he?

Just as the thought entered my head, I saw his silhouette near the tree we had sat under not too long ago. His back was facing me and he was immersed into a conversation with Luke and Ian. They were joking around and laughing. I noticed we were heading that way. No freaking way. I interlocked my arms into my friends and turned them around in the opposite direction.

"Whoa." Nate said once he was turned all the way around surprised that I had the strength to pull both of them around. "Have you been working out?"

I heard Kayla snicker beside me. "I'm sure she has." She said in a suggestive tone and I gave her a deadly glare.

"What?" Nate's brows furrowed in confusion.

"Nothing." I told him quickly before Kayla could butt in. "You said you were looking for me earlier, what's up?"

"Oh yeah." He said in realization. "You're mom invited us to a Pre-Thanksgiving dessert party. Everyone is to bring a homemade dessert, what do you suggest I make?"