Chapter 70: Finally

Start from the beginning

Her surrounding is silent and she took in the fresh air before coming into a full stop once she reached the garden seating. In the middle where the table is located, she noticed something lying on top of it. Approaching it slowly, her eyes grew wide when she realized what it is.

"This—!!" Her heart started to beat rapidly in her chest as goosebumps followed. The thing on the table... she knows it all too well for her to remember. No matter how long it has been, she could never forget something that she held so precious to her. "How... did these get here?" Her trembling hand slowly reached for the familiar-looking box and pulled the ribbon from locking it. The moment she saw what's inside the box, she released a shaky breath.

'What is this doing here..?' She thought to herself while looking at the glass bottle filled with papers to which she was so sure she had written and handly made for a certain someone.

She can feel the tears forming in her eyes, remembering the past and she clenched her fist. She couldn't think of any valuable reason for it to be in such place. Because she was sure, she had lost this gift before she could even give it to the guy and leave.

So why?

Why did it suddenly appear out of nowhere?

Is this what her father wanted for her to wait for all day?

"Y/N." She flinched when she heard a familiar voice. She gritted her teeth, trying her best to stop her tears from falling as a lump formed in her throat. The moment she parted her lips, another shaky breath escaped and she chuckled lowly to herself, placing a hand on the side of her forehead.

"I'm hearing things again, aren't I?" She laughed to herself, almost seemingly going crazy while slightly pulling her hair. All she could think of is 'why?'. Why now of all times? She was sure she was starting to do alright but then now... she can feel her heart getting heavier and the painful feeling from before came back in an instant.

That voice of the man she loved for so so long.

She couldn't even bear hearing it in her mind any longer, knowing she can't see him anymore.

"Y/N, it's me." Again. This time his tone seemed to be in pain. Y/N was quick to cover her ears, fearing that it may escalate to something worse and trigger something in her again.

"Stop. Stop it." She cried out, closing her eyes shut and hoping the voice in her head would go away. "I don't want to hear it anymore. Stop." Every single time she recalls the past, she can only feel deep regrets and suffering. She can deal with that dreadful feeling but not this time. No. She doesn't want anything to cause her to lose her mind and risk another life that's important to her.

"Please... Wakasa is—?!" gone. Was what she wanted to say but she didn't get to finish her words when suddenly, muscular arms wrapped around her shoulder from behind and caged her in a warm and tight embrace.

"Y/N, it's me." His voice is so calm and yet she could swear that she can hear pain behind it. The familiar scent of someone that never fails to calm her nerves. And the blond locks of hair flowing visibly from her peripheral vision as the person buried their face on her shoulder. She can tell exactly who this man is.

"W-Waka..?" Her trembling voice broke as she slowly turned to see the face of the man hugging her. And slowly he raised his head to meet her gaze. Then finally this time, the eyes that longed to see each other once again have eventually fulfilled their desires.

"Is this... is this really you?" She couldn't believe it. For some reason, a part of her mind still thinks it's a hallucination out of her pure longing for the man. So slowly, she raised her hands and cupped his face to make sure as a tear escaped from the corner of her eye.