I was so fired. Again. The thought crushed my chest. Yoga was all I had left. A thickness choked my throat. I swallowed it, which offered no cotton-mouth relief, and forced a smile. "He was?"

Sam's eyebrows raised, which rocketed my defenses. They pricked up with the hairs on the nape of my neck. My hands coiled at my sides. "Listen–"

"Yes." Shanti's toothy smile did nothing to appease my elevated pulse. "He was telling me that he's never had a workout like this before."

I rolled my lips in to contain the snort that threatened to make its presence known. Maybe I should have appreciated Sam's version of an endorsement, but rising anger took over. If I was a cartoon, then my head would have mushroomed and exploded. His opinion weighing any ounce into Shanti's opinion burned through me. I clenched my teeth so hard, my molars ground. "I'm glad he felt it." Curling my lips up, I offered my fakest, full-teeth smile. Sam's eyes narrowed as they did when I flashed him that smile in class.

Before he responded, Alyssa slithered herself right into the conversation. "I think you were very impressive, Sam." Her lashes batted so much, I was surprised I didn't feel a bullshit-scented breeze. "And I'd be open to helping you improve your balance and flexibility."

I threw up in my mouth at the part of her I assumed was open. Three sets of eyes shifted to my gagging, so I replaced it with coughs. He didn't need balance and flexibility. He needed a shovel to the face.

Sam's chin tipped, and while he spoke to Alyssa, his words seemed directed at me, "Thank you. It's so nice to be appreciated for your efforts."

If he wanted appreciation, my foot would appreciate kicking his–

"Wonderful." Shanti's eyes volleyed between us and settled on me. "So, tomorrow, Mia? I know you don't work weekends, but–"

"Of course." Not wanting to indulge the curiosity in Sam's eyes, my fake smile reappeared. Thanks to his shit charity, I could use as many extra hours as possible.

"Thank you. I'll let you close." Her eyes flicked up to Sam. "Pleasure to have you tonight, Mister Pearson. I'll turn you over to Mia for any questions on which one of our programs is a good fit. Alyssa, good to see you."

The only 'program option' I could offer Sam was one where I opened the exit door and kicked his ass out of it.

"It was...eye-opening, Ma'am." Sam cleared his throat, shaking her extended hand. "Thanks."

As soon as Shanti's feet carried her out of the room, his smile turned sinister. "You're welcome, Mia."

I rolled my eyes. Alyssa could deal with him, but I grunted at her giving him her number and squeezing his bicep. Busying myself, I grabbed the pile of used facecloths with my phone and notebook. Thankfully, Alyssa was also a member of the bladder brigade and excused herself with one more flirty smile at Sam.

One of many in the class. "You should go too," I grumbled as he approached. "Wouldn't want you to be uncomfortable."

My obvious insinuation hung between us and thickened the air. Or maybe that was his stale breath.

"I'm good." Those meaty arms crossed over his puffed-up chest, presenting tributary veins raised down his forearms into the back of his hands. As in class, I tried not to admire my weakness. "Nice try with the water sounds inspo, but I'm good. Didn't bring anything to drink."

Damn. Operation Bladder Assault failed. Wait...Was he suggesting he didn't sweat enough? His face was flushed, and his hair was damp. Perspiration dotted his upper lip during sun warrior, but the concave divot above his bowlike upper lip was dry as a bone. "Might need some. You look... thirsty." I should have stopped engaging further, but my inner bitch mode activated. "Then again, you didn't listen to a damn thing I suggested, so why start now?"