Chapter 59

Lisa

When I woke up, Jennie wasn't in bed and a mild panic struck my heart. Her side of the bed was still warm and the bedroom door was open. I could hear the faint sounds of clatter in the kitchen, so I slipped out of the bed and pulled on my clothes from last night, which was strung across the floor.

I found Jennie in the kitchen pouring coffee from the French press into two holiday mugs. She was in her underwear, socks, and law school sweatshirt. My heart clenched with longing and relief. She was right here. She wasn't going anywhere.

Jennie turned to smile at me when I walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning." she said. That smile melted my heart; she could ask me to walk across the Earth and back again and I would do it, if only to see her smile like that.

I leaned her against the counter and kissed her. "Good morning."

"Coffee?"

"You're making coffee now?" I teased.

"On special occasions, otherwise that's your job."

"I'll happily make you coffee for the rest of our lives."

Jennie kissed me again. "Good, because you're much better at it."

Jin never came home last night. Jennie and I both had a creeping suspicion that his plan was to trap us together until we worked things out, for which I was grateful. Waking up with Jennie alone in the apartment and making coffee in our underwear was a gift from heaven and I spent the day in her gravity, unable to spend even a single moment separated from her.

When Jin finally did come home, he took one look at us and pulled us both into a hug.

"Thank God." he said. He kissed us both on the cheeks. "Stop being stupid and just accept that she loves you." he said to Jennie. Then to me: "Don't let her be stupid."

We both agreed.

"Good. Now's the part where you both live happily ever after."

Jennie and I grinned at each other; we were both perfectly contented with that ending.