Maggi and Theo are a thing?

Start from the beginning

"What?" I asked, with one eyebrow raised.

"So, my dad is in Juneau for the weekend" Maggi said.

"And?" I shrugged.

"And he wants to have dinner tonight at six" Maggi continued.

"Okay, so go to dinner with your dad" I insisted, tossing away my frosting cup.

"But I want to keep hanging out with you" Maggi pouted.

"We can hang out tomorrow after graduation."

"But aren't you like going to dinner, or hanging out with your relatives like most graduates do?"

"Nope, I'm leaving Saturday morning."

"What do you mean leaving?"

"I'm moving to New York. I have a cousin there who's going to let me stay with her and I've already been looking into jobs" I explained. "I've got about six grand saved up and a little more put aside that my cousin is holding for me."

"All of that from working at a coffee shop?"

We finally made it to my dad's challenger. I unlocked the doors, and we opened them, climbing in. Maggi tossed her shopping bags into the back seat.

"No, some of it was given to me from relatives through Christmas and birthday gifts."

"No" Maggi frowned.

"Come again?" I questioned, with one eyebrow raised.

"No, you can't leave me you're my friend" Maggi said, her bottom lip quivering.

"You have other friends. What about Shyla and Olivia?"

"It's different with you, I know your friendship is genuine."

"They're friendship is genuine."

"No, it's not" Maggi cried.

"Then why do you hang with them?"

"Do you not know anything about women?" Maggi frowned. "It's all about status."

"But that's stupid."

"I know" Maggi laughed, wiping her cheeks from the threat of tears.

"Why are you like this, why are you about to cry?" I asked.

"Because I think...I think I really like you" Maggi whimpered.

"What?" I said in disbelief. "But we've been hanging out like two weeks."

I stood quiet for a moment thinking, as Maggi fought back sobs in the passenger seat. In this brief period that we've been around each other, I think I liked her too. She was my baby and I loved her. I turned to face her.

"Come with me" I piped up.

"W...what?" Maggi choked lightly, looking at me.

I grabbed her cheeks with both my hands and pecked her lips; our first kiss. She let out a moan of surprise before sighing contently into the kiss. I broke away for a moment and looked at her.

"I can't" she cried.

"Huh?"

"I can't just pack up and be gone in twenty-four hours Theo" Maggi said.

"Why not I am" I said.

"It's not that simple for me. I have my mom and my dad; I mean how do I just do that?" Maggi asked.

"Just like that, just do it" I said.

Maggi pulled away from me and slumped down in the passenger seat. She sighed and pouted.