"...."

*Knock* *Knock*

"What is it?" Madison glared at the door.

"My lady, a letter has arrived for Lady Deidamus."

"Oh, come in."

*Creak*

"Here, my lady. It's from the royal palace." The maid added as she handed ghe letter to Eurielle.

'Palace?' Madison's ear perked up as she heard it. She was curious of the letter's content.

Eurielle opened the letter and started reading.

[Meet me at the clock tower in the imperial palace.
-Gabriel Evergreen]

Eurielle had no idea why the prince wants to see her but the letter cam from the palace.

Meaning, it's approved from the emperor and it's a royal order.

"I'll get going first, Lady... What's your name again?"

"Madison. Just call me Madison, Lady Eurielle."

Madison was glad that Eurielle forgave her but she was a bit annoyed that she received a letter from the palace.

"Hm. Goodbye."

Eurielle left the Chatham estate and rode a carriage towards the imperial palace.

...

At the imperial palace...

"Nathalia, you're not coming?" Eurielle said as she got off from the carriage.

"I'll be waiting here, my lady."

Servants and lady in waitings were not allowed in the palace aside from the palace staffs itself. Only nobles could enter into that sacred place.

"Alright. I'll be back in a bit."

"Lady Deidamus, please follow me."

A palace maid escorted her towards the clock tower.

Eurielle looked at the palace maid and smelled that strange scent again.

'My head hurts.'

Nonetheless, Eurielle gets to see the amazing garden in the palace and other beauty inside it as she follows the maid.

It didn't take a long time for them to arrive at the tower.

"His highness is waiting above." The maid smiled at her.

"...Okay."

"I'll get going now. Please enjoy, Lady Deidamus."

The maid left a strange impression on Eurielle. From her perfume to her actions... it all seemed odd.

Eurielle looked at the high tower. As she entered inside, the stairs that lead upwards seemed endless.

'I want to go home.'

*Sigh*

She slowly walked towards the stairs and took few rounds until she finally arrived above.

*Swoosh*

The wind was strong. But it felt nice and fresh.

There were railings all around the place and the area was around the size of Eurielle's room.

"Lady Eurielle."

A voice called out to her.

Eurielle turned around and saw a knight behind her.

She looked at the surroundings and saw not one crown prince there.

'Where is he?'

"Urk-"

Eurielle covered her nose.

A strong scent came from the knight. It smelled incredibly disgusting.

The knight's face also seemed strange. He seemed out of it.

"For Lady Abigail."

"What? Ahck-"

The knight suddenly strode towards her and gripped her neck tightly.

"You need to die for Lady Abigail." The knight muttered.

'Can't breathe-'

The knight kept pushing Eurielle towards the end of the railing and she was so close to falling.

If the knight let go of her neck right now, Eurielle would die.

*Gasp*

Eurielle was slowly losing her breathe and consciousness. It felt the same when she was drowning.

"You need to die for lady Abigail."

The knight kept muttering the same thing over and over again until Eurielle could no longer hear it.

'What is he saying?'

And then...

He let go of her.

"!!!"

Eurielle saw the clear sky.

The clouds were pretty as always.

She reached her hands above but her body kept falling. There was no stop to it

It felt like the world was falling.

At that moment,

Eurielle felt an emotion.

'Ah, so this is fear.'

*THUD*

Her body felt numb for some reason. Her head felt hot.

The back of her head felt oddly wet. It seemed like she was bathing in water.

She could only hear her heartbeat at the moment and her sight was on the sky.

Her view was slowly dimming but before she lost consciousness, she saw bright red hair that belonged to the prince.

His face looked shocked.

"Eurielle-"