XII- Millie isn't having a good day

This will be posted late, I know it. BUT I definitely have a good excuse, cuz last week was half term and now I only have three weeks until my first big college assessment so yay I'm stressed and hella behind on coursework.

Anyway, on with the story. Requested by the same person again.

CW: Rape, swearing, dark humour

Natalie Paris x Millie O'Connell

Why is he right behind me?

Millie turned a corner, not caring that she was walking away from her house. The man followed, seemingly speeding up.

Fuck I should have taken a taxi! Why did I decide to walk alone at this time?

She grabbed her phone, deciding to call someone in case something happened when something did happen.
It started with a blurred change of scenery, then the man. Then... then... Millie refused to open her eyes to see it, instead kicking and trying to scream. In the end the adrenaline just ran out and she gave up trying, letting tears fall down her cheeks until he was done with her.

Then he disappeared.

Left on the floor of the alley, Millie peered around. Her bag was thrown haphazardly on the other side of the alley, something buzzing inside.
She shuffled over, wiping her eyes and wrapping her coat around herself. Grabbing her phone, she checked the caller ID.

Natalie.

Natalie who was effortlessly perfect. Natalie who knew how to have fun while also being a total mum at the same time. Natalie who knew how to make everyone love her. Natalie who always looks gorgeous because she was lucky enough to even suit a bed head and a bin bag (yeah they tried that once). Natalie who had the most incredible singing voice like an angel. Natalie who managed to make Millie fall in love with her all over again every time she saw her.

Millie stop being gay.

She quickly called her back, trying to calm herself.

"Mills?" Natalie's voice came through the phone. "You didn't text me that you were home safe, is everything okay?"
"No, um.." Millie stumbled, sniffing as she curled tighter into her coat. "I kind of had a predicament. Could you pick me up? I'm in an alleyway just off 310 Queen Street."
"Of course." Millie could hear the clattering of keys on Natalie's end. "Stay on the line. Can you tell me what happened?"
"No, I.." Millie sniffed, tears coming back to her eyes. "I don't want to. Just come quickly."

She grabbed her spare joggers from her bag, mentally applauding herself for actually remembering to bring them to rehearsals today, and pulled them on.
A car pulled up at the end of the alley and a familiar blonde rushed into it, immediately seeing Millie even in the dark.
"Oh Mills." Natalie's face twisted in concern when she saw the younger woman's state. She held her hand out and Millie took it, following her to the car.

~~~

Seeing Millie in the light of her flat, Natalie saw the true damage of- whatever had happened to her best friend. She was a shadow of what she had been just minutes before when they were all together in rehearsals. Her face and body were bruised where visible, and probably in other places too. On the left side, her lip was cut and cheek scratched.
"Oh sweetheart." Natalie sighed. "Do you want to have a shower?"
Millie nodded and Natalie led her to the bathroom, leaving a change of clothes and towels with her.
She showered quickly, getting out and changing into the clothes Natalie had left for her. Even though it was just a hoodie and tracksuit bottoms, they smelt strongly of the blonde and made Millie feel even more protected.

Walking out of the bathroom, Millie almost immediately bumped into Natalie.
"Oh, s-sorry." Millie stammered, but Natalie just smiled.
"Don't worry Mills." She whispered, offering her hand out to her and leading her to the guest bedroom. "I'm in the room on the right if you need me."
And just like that the blonde was gone.

Millie clambered into the bed yawning. Despite her exhausted state, she couldn't sleep; the image of the man haunting her. Everything was still so vivid in her mind. The way he grabbed her, the crude comments he made while forcing her.

"No no no no no." Millie mumbled to herself, giving up and going to Natalie's room. She knocked on the door, waiting for a quiet 'come in' before entering.
"Are you okay Mills?" The blonde sat up in her bed and frowned at her concernedly.
"I don't want to be alone." Millie mumbled. "Can I stay in here for the night?"
"Of course." Natalie smiled and shuffled over, lifting the covers for Millie to slide in beside her. "Do you want contact or no?"
"Can I have cuddles?" The younger woman whispered shyly, smiling a bit when Natalie nodded and opened her arms. Millie made herself comfortable in the blonde's embrace and closed her eyes. Kissing Millie's forehead, Natalie let herself settle.

"I love you Mills." She whispered, falling asleep after her.

~~~

Natalie knew that Millie was prone to night terrors, but never knew it was on this level. She had been woken up to Millie whining and almost screaming, thrashing about in her arms. She knew better than to wake her up, but hated having to watch the younger woman experience.... Whatever she was having a night terror about... Natalie guessed it was to do with what happened earlier.
She gently removed her arms from around Millie and sat on the side of the bed.

"No," Millie was kicking her legs under the covers. "Nat! No! Get off me! Natalie get off! Please I don't want to!"
Natalie's jaw dropped. Millie was having a night terror- about her. It was one of the last things she expected.
Suddenly, Millie's eyes shot open, tears immediately starting to flow out.

"Mills?" Natalie whispered quietly and the younger woman wasted no time in throwing herself back into her arms. "What happened?"
"It was you," Millie sobbed, nestling her head into Natalie's neck. "But it wasn't you, like an alternative universe you where you're a total bitch. And you did what that guy did earlier."
"I'm so sorry hun." Natalie held her close. "I hope you know I'll never do anything like that. If you don't want to do something, I won't."
"I do." Millie sniffled.

"Do you want to go downstairs and watch Disney movies?" Natalie suggested. Millie's eyes immediately brightened and she followed Natalie downstairs to the lounge. After putting on Finding Nemo, Millie drifted off in Natalie's arms again.

"I love you." Natalie whispered again. It just felt like the safest way of telling her without pushing any boundaries. That way, if Millie heard and didn't like her that way, she could pass it off as a dream, but if she did then hallelujah for them both.

~~~

"Oh my god." Millie woke up before Natalie and checked the time. "Nat, wake up, we're going to be late for rehearsals."
"Nope, you're not going in today." Natalie raised an eyebrow. "You need to recover after last night. And don't tell me you're fine because if you were you wouldn't be having night terrors."
Millie grumbled and sat back on the couch. Natalie stood up and moved to the kitchen, starting to make breakfast, Millie in tow.

"You kept saying something last night," Millie mumbled. "I don't know if I dreamed it or not but it was weird."
"What did I say?" Natalie asked, cutting up some fruit.
"You kept saying I love you." Millie fidgeted slightly, not sure if she should have lied instead or not. "Was it a dream or not?"
"No.." Natalie mumbled, bracing herself to be rejected completely. "I totally get it if you don't feel the same. Especially after last night and all that.. MPH."

Just like that, Millie's lips were sealed on hers. Natalie had discarded the knife on the worktop and was wrapping her arms around Millie's waist. They pulled away when oxygen became necessary and leaned their foreheads together.
"You don't know how long I've been waiting to do that." Millie mumbled, capturing her lips again.
"Ditto to you." Natalie giggled, running her fingers through Millie's raven black waves. "I love you."
"I love you too."

There was more to this prompt but this was getting very long so imma make a part 2 hehe. Sorry it took me so long to write but yah xx