Chapter 21 - Cake

Mattheo's POV:

"The yule ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost...a dance." All the girls giggled excitedly, while groans were emitted from the boys side of the room. I honestly didn't care as long as I could drown in booze the whole night.

"Silence. The house of Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons." The two red head twins were messing about in the corner, where they were out of sight of any professors.

"Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst fort hand take flight." I could see Potter muttering something to Parkinson, which caused her to smack her arm.

"Inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr Weasley, will you join me?" She grabs Ron and pulls him up to dance. He looks disgusted, and drags his feet the whole way there.

"Now, place your right hand on my waist." His eyes widen, as he stares at her.

"Where?"

"My waist." He does that, while Enzo whistles at them.

"One two three, one two three, one two three." An uncomfortable expression creeps it's way on to Weasley's face, but it's amazing entertainment.

"Everybody come together." All the girls stood up eagerly, while the boys stay sat. "Boys, on your feet!" reluctantly they all stood up, looking to find a partner. I remain sat in my seat looking around for a potter, when something caught my eye.

"Potter be my partner." I could see Bletchley harassing her form here, I didn't want to go over there, but I guess my body kind of just went that way.

"Piss off Bletchley." She tried to walk away when he grabs her wrist. My blood starts to boil as I pushed him away from her.

"Stay away from fucking forth years, you pervert." I snarled at him, he looked taken aback and went to retaliate, when some blonde chick appeared by his side. He shot me a glare before going to dance with her. My hand went to her waist, and she placed hers on her shoulder. 

While others engaged in conversation, we danced in silence. Since the kiss two days, I avoided her like the plague. It wasn't that hard either, she'd been in her room for the whole weekend. Pansy said that her period cramps were really bad or something. I avoided direct eye contact, as I kept my head down.

"Did I do something?" She broke the silence as confusion over took her expression.

"Huh- um the kiss- it was a mistake, you're my best friend's younger cousin. It was just a game, right?" I stumbled over my words, as I refused to look at her. There's was no fucking way I could say that to her face. The amount of guilt I had, would fuck with me for so long.

"Yeah it was just a game." I couldn't tell whether she meant it not, but either it way it just hurts. 

Why the fuck did I have to kiss her?

I can't even talk to her in simple conversation without making it hella awkward. The painstakingly long dance was over and I bolted out of the door as soon as I had a chance.

Aria's POV:

I was pissed because he couldn't find a better excuse then you're my best friend's younger cousin. But then again I sort of  expected it since when was the last time you saw Mattheo Riddle in a committed relationship. But a small part of me wishes that he didn't say it so calmly, like he wasn't fazed at all.