𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞.

Start from the beginning

You returned his playful grin, watching as he stood stock straight again and walked back towards the princess after having brushed your cheek with his knuckles. He spoke a couple of unheard words to the blonde, her gaze darting to you every couple of seconds, head slowly nodding at what he was speaking with her about. You cocked a brow as Alastor sent a sly wink your way, just like he usually did.

You giggled and leaned back on the couch, the sensation of all of Gabriel's eyes on you immediately digging into your flesh and making you want wriggle. "What?" you hissed to him, his lip being bitten down on nervously. What shocked you was something else. For once, the one thing that he said wasn't about Alastor, worry, perhaps fear, tainting his golden gaze.

"I think I know who's coming to see us."

Just as those words had left his mouth, three knocks pounded on the door; a strong flash of lightning followed by a reckless roar of thunder made you jump. Alastor lifted his head away from the princess' ear and looked towards you, clearly trying to decide wether he should comfort you or not. Gabriel got there first and pulled you into his embrace, wrapping his wings around you to ease your rampant thoughts.

Alastor clenched his fists, turning to look at where Charlie had slipped away. Down in the foyer, she reached for the front door and yanked its heavy weight open; a tall, grayish white raptor-esque demon stood outside with a set of spiked horns twisting down from his jaws and another pair protruding from his head, his golden gaze half-lidded while he held an umbrella over his head. "Oh, come on in, sir!" the demoness exclaimed with a smile, the sinner nodding thankfully and stepping past the princess. His height was near the same as Alastor's, perhaps just a little taller than the stag, if he had to estimate.

His clawed feet clicked against the wooden floorboards as he walked into the hotel's foyer, closing the umbrella and setting it into the holder near the door. He ran his talons through his black hair, the sight of a long, white scar running from over his right eye (which was clearly blind) and across his snout catching Alastor's attention. The end of his maw was also lacking any flesh, the white bone of his skull and teeth visible. How unfortunate, the stag thought to himself, happy that all his scars could very easily be covered.

"Morning, ladies and gents," he presented and gave a winsome smile, fixing his bowtie and gazing around the hotel as he exited the foyer, his heavy tail dragging along the floor behind him. He sported a classy suit, evidently tailored by a professional hand and pricey, the fabric of it completely void of any wrinkles and creases.

Your eyes lifted to where the newcomer was standing, his eyes shifting to where you were sitting on the couch. The smile on his face seemed to grow, a light igniting behind his left eye. "Well, well! So it really is true! A couple of angels down here in this shit hole," he cackled and drew a cigarette from a deck in his pocket, his gaze never leaving you. You shifted in unease.

"Been a long while, eh? Sweet cheeks."

Your heart turned to ice, blood running cold and fear suddenly digging its claws into your mind. No... "Miss me?" he chuckled and leaned down to your height, blowing a puff of smoke out from his skeletal mouth. You coughed and waved a hand in front of your face, eyes watering from the overwhelming scent of tobacco. Gabriel stood up from beside you, spear in-hand. "Stay away from her, you filthy lizard!" Unfazed, the raptor laughed and pushed the tip of the blade away from him.

"Pathetic creature, you are. Was that the worst insult you could think of?" He glared at the Archangel, taking a drag from the gasper. "Babe, you really stooped low for this one." His words were uninterested and lazy, a scowl replacing his grin. Charlie glanced at Alastor, who, to say the least, looked as if smoke was about to start pouring from his ears. "What? What's wrong Alastor?" she tugged on his sleeve, barely managing to get the sinner to break his gaze away from the reptile.