2 | To Protect The Child You Love

Începe de la început

"Your highness!" Those words left my lips and I bowed before him. He looked at me with calculating eyes and he nodded with regard.

"Are you the father of the unborn child they are talking about?" His voice boomed with authority and I cannot help but look down. My grip went loose and the door closed on its own.

"Yes, my king." I replied.

"Okay. Let's start." He said and the Beta told me to sit beside King Zander. The king took his rightful place on the front table, my alpha and luna on his left facing me. A lady sat beside me with her laptop and I guess she will be recording everything that will be discussed today. Sherrie came in before we can officially start looking tired. The rest of the table was filled with honorary positions of both the royals and our pack.

"Oracle Sherrie Elu! Welcome to the meeting." The King greeted the pack oracle with a more pleasant tone.

"Good morning, your highness. I am sorry I am late. I have been-"

"You were trying to look for any more clues, am I right?" The King asked with his brow arched. Sherrie nodded before she took her seat on the end of the table as if she wanted to have her distance with us. I saw two men guarding the door. We were the only people in the room.

"Yes, your highness. Will Misa attend this meeting?" She inquired about a certain someone I didn't know and we all waited for the King to reply.

"No. She will be late. Now, we are here today to discuss the matter regarding Mr. Björn's daughter whom Miss Sherrie had seen her start a war or cause a war. May I ask for the oracle to tell us what she saw?" The King requested and Sherrie looked at me. Telling someone's future should be for the people who are involved only but since she saw war, it's another matter. I nodded at her and she stood up from her seat. There, she started telling what she saw and I was horrified just listening to it.

My daughter will have violet eyes? What's with the Alpha trying to outrun Sherrie to get to my child? Was that a sign that he will harm my daughter?

That made my hands curl into tight fists. Hearing her telling everyone in the room about me and the alpha challenging each other and going into a fight alarmed me. I felt that it would happen. It will if he harms my child. Sherrie spoke about the flowers turning into ashes once she touched a single flower and it puzzled me. What power does my child hold?

It was clear to me now that what she saw was definitely my child for she saw Lilja carrying and protecting our daughter. Then she spoke about a prophecy and the hair on my nape stood up. When she was finished, the room was silent and I looked at the King who was thinking very deeply.

"She will harm the pack." Alpha Armann spoke first, looking at the King who was still thinking things through.

"No, she won't." I disagreed with my leader and he shot me a look warning not to do it again.

"What if it's true?" The Luna asked me.

"We have to be careful about this." The King finally spoke and he looked at me before his gaze settled towards Alpha Armann.

"No one will harm the child." The King's voice boomed once again in the room and I couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief.

"But King-" He shot the Alpha a nasty look.

"We will have to wait until she's born. Perhaps, oracles will see visions. Until then, do not do anything. This will give us time to gain more knowledge on the matter." His words were wise like a true and impartial king should and I was grateful for him. If I wasn't in a tight position right now, I would have wept.