Chapter 8

Aliyanna was wandering around the check-in are where Peter and his friends were staying

Aliyanna was wandering around the check-in are where Peter and his friends were staying. After waiting for some time she she spider-man coming up to the roof without his mask. She moved to the side and craned her neck so that she can see his face.

What she saw although expected still shocked her. Her suspicion of him being spider-man turned to a fact as she saw Peter. She smirked feeling proud of herself and called Tony.

"It should be worth it for you to call me. I don't want to waste my time, yan."

"Seriously T. Anyway I called you to inform that I found out his identity." At the other end of line she heard Tony inhale sharply. "you did?" He said with surprise in his tone.

"Yeah dumbo. I don't think I spoke Italian for you to not understand. What can I say. I'm too intelligent."

"Yeah... Yeah whatever." She could practically imagine him rolling his eyes.

"Anyways I'm going after him. My guess is that he is out to do spidey business."

"Okay... just keep an eye on him. I'll join your suit to his A.I."

"wow he got an A-" Before she could finish the line went off. Aliyanna looked at the screen sighed, frustrated by Tony's childish behavior. The rest of the time she followed Spider-man/ Peter listening to his stupid conversation to the A.I., whom he was referring to as 'suit lady'.

He is annoying but in an adorable way.

She quickly shook that thought away from her mind. When she finally caught up with him she saw him sprawled on the ground. Aliyanna offered her help. Peter took her hand and got up. Ignoring her presence he continued talking to his A.I. not knowing that Aliyanna could hear his conversation.

"What the hell just happened? What was that?" Peter asked his A.I.

"You jumped off the sign and landed on your face." replied the A.I.

Aliyanna chuckled a bit at the conversation that he was having with his A.I. While Peter ignored her presence. He fired web pellets from his shooter which landed on the gas station sign. Peter got confused as his web shooters were not working properly. Aliyanna zoned out in the rest of the conversation that Peter was having. Her mind was filled with the thoughts of Luke.

Is he alright? Is he missing me just like I am missing him? Does he even care about me? Why hasn't he replied to any of my calls or messages?

Aliyanna was pulled out of her thoughts when Peter nudged her with his elbow and pointed upwards. They saw the Vulture flying overhead in his wing suit.

" Oh, that's him."

The Vulture soars over a convoy of transport trucks and fired cables onto the roof of the last truck. He dropped a cube onto the trailer, which separates into four pieces. Arranged in a rectangle, they create a glowing portal through the roof. He then detached himself from his suit and falls through the portal, but the truck driver seems to be unaware of what's happening.

Peter and Aliyanna climbed on top of the trailer and touched the portal. Their fingers go through the roof.

"Whoa, cool. It's some kind of matter phase shifter." Peter exclaims.

They both got inside it and saw vulture zipping a duffel bag. The Vulture jumps through the portal and onto the roof of the trailer not noticing them. Peter shoots a web at Vulture's bag, pulling it away.

"Hey, Big Bird! This doesn't belong to you!"

Vulture's green eyes glare intimidatingly in Peter's direction as he gets into his wing suit and soars toward Peter. Peter jumps over him and fires long, weak webs past Vulture.

" Suit lady, what was that?"

" You told me to choose."

Vulture attacks Peter not noticing Aliyanna slipping away as Peter he tried to balance himself on the edge of the trailer, while talking to his A.I.

" What? No, just set everything back to normal."

Vulture tried to attack Peter again but Aliyanna grabbed Vulture's duffel bag, and starts to tug, soon joined by Peter. They both ripped the bag out of Vulture's talons. The movement causing them both to fall back into the truck and lose their consciousness.