Chapter 1: Matchmaker

The pink flower hung low in her (h/l) (h/c) hair, the music played as she slowly yet gracefully walked to her fate. This was it her entire future depended on this, this one meeting. 

Her future was in her hands as she took slow strides to the ominous door that behold in front of her. 

"(y/n) (l/n)."

This was it; it was finally her turn. 

Her heart began to beat out of her chest, the fate inevitable. 

"State your name."

"(y/n) (l/n)."

"Pour the tea." 

Your nerves shot; you slowly poured the tea. 

*

You happily run into your home to great your father, you had done it. You had brought grace, and honor to your family. 

The words of the matchmaker replaying over and over again in your head. 

"You will marry, you will be known as the most eligible women in all of China. The princes will want to meet you."

Her voice trailed off in your head, the words repeating themselves over again. 

The princes I mean that's crazy. 

You father stood by the cherry blossom tree, his head to the sky praying to the ancestors. 

Your whole family was worried, worried that you wouldn't bring honor to your family. 

"Father, I did it!"

He turned quickly, "When will you wed?"

Your brows furrowed, "Well, the matchmaker has set me up to have a meeting with the princes."

You fumble with your fingers as you father eyed you up and down, anger grew on his face his expressions slowly changed as he realized what the words you had said really meant. 

"You will not go. It is decided."

That was it, once your father had decided that was it there was not telling him how you felt that was considered wrong, unjust. 

Women weren't allowed to speak out of term. 

You wanted to change that.

No, you were going to change that. 

*

That night you packed, you packed all of your belongings that you could. You saddled up and you left. Tomorrow, you were going to meet the princes. 

*

The kingdom was beautiful, the way the sun shined threw the stone buildings, China was a beautiful place. 

The palace rose above all buildings, who knew what stood behind those beautiful walls, that stood so tall. 

The palace was adorned in black stone and red flags, the flags flown high and proud.

You slowly approached the palace, trying to take in as much of the lands as possible, you'd never here before, you father didn't want you to anyone to see you until the matchmaker had seen you. 

The palace doors becoming closer. 

The giant gates, black metal shined in the sun as it rose behind you. 

You were meet with guards at the front gate. 

"Name and reason for being here."

"(y/n) (l/n), the matchmaker sent letter."

The guards nodded and slowly opened the giant gates, behind was a grave adventure you didn't know you were ready for until it began.

They took you bags and led your horse away as you reached the doors. 

The door slowly opening for you, the palace was huge. Giant pillars and black marble floors. 

You wondered your way through the empty walls of the palace entry, until you stood face to face with giant doors, they stood at least 40 feet tall above you. 

The doors covered in gold flakes and golden symbols. 

This must be the throne room. 

The guards gave each other a look before opening the door and allowing you to enter before they slammed behind you. 

The throne room was even bigger than the entry, flags and paintings hung on the throne rooms walls, pictures of the kings and queens before that had served many great years. 

A man was sat at the throne watching your every move, he was graceful, he had brown fluffy hair, and a round face. 

He wore a white button down loosely tucked into his black pants; his robe was adorned with golden symbols matching those you had seen on the walls before. 

His brown orbs watched you closely as you slowly walked across the marble floors. 

Every step you made was heard, every breath you took. 

You bowed in his presence.

"Your grace, I'-"

"You're (y/n), the women that was sent into the lion's den to be tossed around until one of us finally break and decided the marry you for our countries sake, for the Kingdom. That is until we get tired of you, then well, you'll see." 

He smirked. 

This was our prince, what a prick. Your face completely changed, your posture straightens and became tight, the awkward silence could cut you like a knife, it was tense. 

"Excuse me!" The blood was boiling now, his words had sunken into your skin. "Do you think I'm some person you can toy around with, just because I am a woman does not-"

"Lady (y/n) do not speak out of term with me, I will have the guards escort you out."

"Yeah okay." You mumbled under your breath, some prince he was, this was not the reason you came here, you came here to prove your father wrong, the find love. 

Now you knew that would never happen. Who did this guy think he was, some prince.

"Jimin, Prince Jimin, next in line for the throne."

Like clockwork as if he could hear your thoughts, answering your question as you thought it. 

"Escort miss (y/n) to her room it seems we have a guest my brother shall meet her in the morning, let them know we have a guest, and that she will be my wife."