Chapter 16: Moonlight troubles

Start from the beginning

"Why not?" I argued. "I think it's an awe- some idea... you want to see her too, right?"

"Well yeah..."

"But?" Lili asked with raised eyebrows. "What's the matter hon?"

Vanessa's doubtful look changed into an evil smile. "But what if we sneak in?"

"Sneak in?!" I exclaimed perplexed. "What d'you mean?"

"No idea, but I aalready love it!" Lili agreed, grinning so much it must've hurt.

"I mean, we can get in secretly and not make our presence known. We can mqybe find out what's going on with her!"

Lili and I exchanged excited looks, while Vanessa explqined her plan on how to get in.

"This is absolutely the greatest idea possible," Lili enthusiastically put her arms around both Vanessa's and my shoulders, sighing contently. "Let's do this!"

*~*

Lucy's POV:

As soon as I'd woken up that morning, the morning before the Full Moon, I felt that familiar feeling.

The feeling of not being able to move. The ache. The excruciating pain. I had almost woken up the others by screaming in pain.

'I need to get out of here' was the first thing that came to my mind. I had to go to Poppy.

She'd make me stay there today. Skip school, stay away from everything and everyone. Maybe she'd give me drugs to decrease the pain.

It took all of my energy really to get out of bed, down to the common room on my own, without crying out.

"My God, what's goung on with you?!" Her- mione was sitting on the couch with a book in her lap, looking me up and down with the greatest worry. "Are you OK?"

Just perfect. The one person who was not supposed to see me like this. Well, nothing could be done now: she'd already seen it.

"No..." I managed, letting myself fall on the couch opposite hers. "Could you maybe... get Harry? Or perhaps Minnie?"

"Who's Minnie?" Hermione frowned confused. "I'll go see if Harry's awake, stay here!"

With that, she ran up the stairs leading to boys' dormitories. "No, I think Imma take a run..."

Only a minute later, Hermione came rush- ing down again, accompanied by Harry and Ron. Harry looked beyond worried, while Ron looked like he was still sleeping.

"Lucy!" Harry crouched down before me. "Can you stand up? Please? We need to get you to Poppy!"

"I think so," I choked out, my voice was raspier than it'd ever been. Harry and Hermione both took one arm, careful not to hurt it too much and helped me up.

"Thanks. I'll go now, I guess..." I was about to leave on my own, but the trio followed me.

"You're not going alone," Hermione said sternly. "Not like this, at this hour!"

"Hermione-"

"No, she's right Lu," Harry interrupted me. "I'm coming with you. Thanks guys, I'll see you later, I think."

Ron and Hermione stayed behind, unable to think of something to convince him to let them come too.

"Is it because of tonight?" Harry whispered when we were completely alone in the halls. I nodded, making my head hurt more and I had to close my eyes against the dizziness.

"It's worse than last time," he stated, mostly to himself I suspected, so I didn't answer.

Poppy immediately had me lie down on a bed, drawing the old curtains around them, the sound making my ears ring.