"What's gonna happen to Alby...?" I asked, unable to think of anything else to say that wouldn't be indirectly disrespectful to him by ignoring his constant presence in our minds. Gally sighed, shrugging as his eyes stayed fixed on the wall, although I suppose it was rather impossible to stare out into the distance, without having your eyes collide with the wall, it's ever present doom looming over us like a permanent grey cloud. It was rather maddening.

"What always happens. He's gonna go crazy, and we'll have to...we'll have to kill him." His voice cracked as he said it, and a tear rolled down my face. I hadn't known Alby well, but it was the principle. The principle that WICKED was essentially forcing these people to be scarred by giving them no choice but to kill their friends as they slowly went insane. I sighed, shaking my head as I wiped the tear away.

"I'm so sorry..." I murmured. Gally shook his head, finally meeting my gaze.

"Don't apologize, there's nothing you could have done to change it." He said softly. I shook my head.

"I'm not apologizing for what happened, I'm sympathizing for what's to come." I said calmly. Gally let a depressed smile slip from his lips.

"Hah...right, well, thanks...I guess. Tell that to Alby." His voice was hard and calloused, as though he had done this a million times. He probably had. I sighed, pulling my knees up towards my chest, wrapping my arms around my curled up legs as I rested my chin there, staring off plainly towards the open doors of the Maze.

"We can't leave Gally. They won't let us." Gally turned to look at me, confusion spread across his face.

"What'dya mean 'they won't let us'?" He asked, obviously intrigued, as well as slightly terrified.

"They Creators. They obviously don't want us to leave, not yet at least. If we go into the Maze now, they'll kill us for sure. It doesn't take a genius to figure that much out." I said quietly.

"Well what in shuck's name makes you so special that you understand the Creators motives?" he asked, almost scoffing at my warning. I didn't take it personally, he was hurting from the soon-to-be loss of his friend, I didn't blame him for the things he was saying.

"Somebody has to be..." I responded. He sighed, resting his head in his hands, propping his elbows on his thighs as he shook his head.

"What're you saying, that you're in on it or something?" I shook my head.

"I'm not saying anything. I just think leaving right now would be a big mistake. That's all." I said, my voice had grown hoarse and tired, as had his. He was silent for a moment, now resting his chin in his opened palm.

"...sorry..." He said quietly. I gave him a small smile.

"It's ok, I don't need your apology." I said softly. His lips upturned, just slightly.

"I'm not apologizing for what's happened, I'm sympathizing for what's to come." He said, quoting me as we sat in silence, just listening to the breeze whisk through the leafless branches of the trees.

"Do you think we'll ever make it out of this, Gally?" My voice held more fear than I could have ever imagined. He shrugged.

"Does it really matter? Lily, the others might believe that it's heaven on Earth out there, a utopia where everything is beautiful...and nothing hurts, but you and I both know that's not true." I was stunned, my eyes meeting his weary green iris' as we just stared at each other. Did I dare believe what I had just heard?

"Why do you say that?"

"Because a world that puts kids in this hell hole to die, just isn't a Utopian kind of world. Simple as that, really. If it's this bad, inside the walls, it's gotta be ten times worse, out there." Gally gestured his head towards the walls, and I sighed, nodding slightly.