Two | Her

I feel stupid

I feel stupid.

I only noticed her a few months ago and we've been going to the same high school for 4 years.

I was practicing lacrosse, talking to my best friend Dylan when I saw her sit on one of the benches. I stopped listening to whatever he was spewing and I couldn't take my eyes off her as she sat on the bench with her friend and her precalculus textbook in hand.

She watched the entire practice while I watched her. I did feel creepy, but I couldn't help it. She was so beautiful. Everything about her made my heart beat at an unhealthy rate. From her long dark brown her that matches her eyes perfectly to the brown skin and a bindi in between her eyebrows.

She was wearing a short white skirt with small red flowers all across it, a black long-sleeved t-shirt, and a white headband to match. Yep, I'm a creep.

I told myself to get over her because she is just a stupid crush. However deep down I knew she isn't just a stupid crush. She would be the girl hopelessly fall in love with.

I never saw her again and I couldn't stop thinking about her, my heart was aching for her. Craving her. I never even got her name.

Until a week ago. I saw her again at my game. At my lacrosse game. I hadn't seen this girl for six months. Six months! And once again she was everywhere.

She was talking to her friend until I scored. I scored and I got her attention! When I did so my eyes instinctively went to her and she was looking at me. Me!

For one second I thought Newt hit me hard in the head and I was seeing shit. That she wasn't standing in the crowd and cheering for me, she looked adorable while she did it.

"You on the same planet as me?" My best friend snaps his fingers in front of my face. Dylan Romeo Astor III, my best friend since birth.

He's nothing but a blonde snob with a single mother and seven older sisters.

I hum, blinking a few times. "You got to stop daydreaming about her." He says, rolling his eyes at me. I don't even respond since I'm cranky and I need to go to sleep.

"Remind me again why you can't go up to her in school tomorrow?" He sighs.

"Because," I groan, "she's a Singh. My dad hates the Singh family, he would never accept her."

"You're dramatic," he laughs at me and I just stay quiet, keeping the scowl on my face, can't I just wallow in self-pity without being made fun of?

"What would I even say to her?" I glare at him and he shrugs.

"Hi, I'm Noah. I've been obsessed with you for six months now. Let's go on a date. Also, I speak Portuguese." He says in a deeper voice however he just sounds like he has something stuck in his throat.

He notices my unamused face and scoffs, putting his hands up in the air. "I tried helping you fall in love. You're just too stubborn."

I am stubborn. That's one thing I'll admit to, but I'm not exactly a ladies' man. I'll make a fool of myself and end up offing myself at that exact moment,