battle flirts | 28

"Yukoo! Put me down!" I squawked with teary eyes, pulling my right hand out from her clutches. Roughly I banged my hand into the rubbery skin of the girl, kicking and swinging my legs around like some wild maniac. The girl only smiled and laughed at me, shaking me up and down like some broken toy. The dizzying, aggressive heights yanked my head around wildly, groans falling from my lip. And when it finally stopped, dizzily I could only lean into her tentacle, slobbering out as my body fell temporarily limp.

"There! Now you're all docile, (Y/n)! Wow, I can't tell you how much I admire you right now! Eeek!" She cried. Her tentacle flew through the wind, bringing me right up to her grinning face with a wild smile. She looked so freakishly unrecognizable, so much so that it shook my core with broken fear.

"Heey, watch it. I'm not gonna hurt you." She murmured, tilting her tentacle a little backwards so I would be forced to face her.

"Wow I can't believe the rumors were right, you are awesome... And your sense of justice is... Aiko? She did what to you? That bully! I won't let her—"

"Yuko! Why... Why do you want me so bad! Why do you... keep picking me up! Please just... Let me go!" I managed out between my breaths. Sweat was dribbling down my forehead by now, my mouth creeping open to bite the monster. "No bite." She cried out like I was some dog and started shaking me again.

"(Y/n)! You're like! The definition of innocent justice, I have to keep you safe! If your own classmate rejected you, and if those dirty devil hunters couldn't protect you, I will! Not like I was doing any of this to hurt anyone... My plan is to destroy all schools! Forever! That is true—"

"Way! Wa... Wait! Slow down! Gah! Stop!" I cried. As if getting the memo, she slowly stopped shaking me as senseless drool fell down my mouth. Gosh I was so dizzy, dizzy enough that the world seemed to spin. Dizzy enough that it felt like my brain was being scrambled like morning eggs. It was hard for me to form thoughts being shaken like that.

"Ooh. Oopies." Yuko chuckled.

"Hoouww... Gah. How did you know... about that stuff," I slurred. I reached up my right hand to hold my head in the middle of it all, sniffing and drooling in her hold. "I can read minds."

Isn't that ironic?
I used to be able to do the same, yet now I'm only so helpless. When I'm finally able to stand up for myself, I get captured within seconds. Slowly, I peeked my eyes open, vision slowly clearing as I gazed across the horizon. Below me, it was as empty as a ghost town, as the only thing that glittered across the floor was my dropped katana and the bodies of the devil hunters that came to save us.

"I'm saving us, (Y/n). I'm saving all the girls in the world just like us... Just like me, you, and Asa! Asa... Omigosh! Asa! I forgot!" Yuko suddenly blurted out. In a whir, the girl had whipped her large head away from me, causing a gust of strong wind to whip around me, tickling up against my cheeks.

"Slooww downn," I mumbled out in the movement.

The girl flew back towards the school, gasping in horrifying shock at whatever sight she many have perceived. "Asa!" She cried. Tired, I could only shift over to peer down at the rubble, my left arm trapped tight beside me from Yuko's hold. But there, right there laid a... half-naked Mitaka? She was battered and brushed all over, bloodied from whatever havoc that war had started for her.

My ears began to drown out the cries of Yuko as I stared down at her body, my own beginning to quiver.

You asshole Mitaka!
I didn't lose a hand just for you to die like that!