processed feelings | CHP 20 🎉

"Eyuck," I grumbled at the sight. Standing beside Denji, I watched as Mitska flapped her arms around, vomiting covering her face so hard you couldn't even see her features. Judging by the looks of it, some had landed in her mouth, causing an unsavory shudder to roll down my spine. Due to the thick, goey vomit, Mitaka couldn't even open her eyes, helpless as she tried to navigate her way out of the classroom.

A blurr of motion stole my attention away from her though, as Denji flocked over to (y/n). His arms reached over and held her shoulders, his eyes glossy with fear, anger, confusion, and a sadness that I had never seen before. The girl was paralyzed in a frightening position. Her eyes were open, large and bulging out of their sockets; her pupils shrunken in, tears pricking her corners; her hands were dung deeply into her skirt, the muscles clenched and stuck in the pose; all while her mouth hung open.

"(Y/n)? (Y/n), hey wake up! Please... N-No." Roughly, the boy began to shake her, yet there was no response. Not even a blink, twitch, or move falling from the girl. "What happened?" I shot over at Mitaka, who had somehow moved over to the door, palms against the door. "What did you do!" Denji spat shortly after. "Is her breathing steady?" I tried to ask him, but he couldn't hear a word, his eyes locked on Mitaka like an angry hound. He laid (Y/n) back down gently, shooting up and marching over to the vomit covered girl.

Huffing, I took the chance to rush over to (Y/n), stuffing my fingers onto her neck.

Come on, Come on.

In a moment that could only be described as pure relief, my fingertips collided with a heartbeat, her pulse pumping straight into my touch. Steadily, I pulled my fingers over her eyes, pushing her eyelids closed, and guiding her mouth to the same.

She should be fine...
Hopefully

My attention wasn't on her long enough though, as the sound of a squeak and a bang pulled me away. There, just behind me, Denji had grabbed furiously onto the arm of Mitaka, the girl knocking down a few books in the process. "What happened!" Denji spat, eyes tensed on her.

"Denji!" I called, laying (Y/n) back down as I rushed to the scene. My hands grabbed onto the uniform of the boy, ripping him off the shaken girl and standing between them. "We don't even know if it's her fault! What if (Y/n)... I don't know- had a side effect from something! And..." I tried to reassure him, but that fire in his eyes told me he otherwise. Before he could make another move, I shoved him harshly back, causing him to stumble away.

"You don't know what I fuckin' saw while fighting that fuckhead! (Y/n) only freezes up like that when she's scared she's gonna fuckin' die!" The boy yelled, his fists enraged, veins popping out of his muscle. "I need to know what the hell happened!"

"You need to calm down. I'll take care of this, you get (y/n) to the hospital. We don't know if this is external or internal, or not!" I huffed at him, whipping my flip out and tossing the device at him. Turning to Mitaka, I was surprised to see that she was long gone, the door to the classroom wide open.

I got to go clean her up.

Grunting, I stepped out into the hallway, looking down at the trail of vomit that led down the hall.

What just happened?

-

"So whadoya' think about me!" The blonde beside me suddenly chuckled out, causing my head to whip around in confusion. By the looks of things, I was in a winding meadow, with flowers and hills stretched out as far as the eyes could see, the sun high in the distance horizon. Beside me sat Denji, wearing a plain black shirt, a smile dancing across his face.

"What do I think about you," I repeated the question, glancing away for him in thought. "Well I... I only feel safe when I'm around you," I murmured, reaching forward and grabbing his shirt, boring my eyes straight into his. A gentle flush would steal his face as he looked away while his hand stretched over to grab my hip.