School days | chp. 2

"Mmf," I groaned, lazily swiping my hands through my hair as I stared at the uniform I was to put on. Today was that fateful, well-looked up morning of my first day of school. For my entire life I dreamed of being a normal kid, going to class, hating my teachers, struggling on homework— all the things kids seemed to hate, I wished to have just a little taste of what it all felt like.

Reze... She gave me that first touch.
And now I could finally have a full experience.

School seems like it'll be fun, maybe even good for me. I could end up popular with the ladies too.

That would be the dream!

"Hurry, we're gonna be late." A voice cooed from the door beside me; my eyes filled with boogers as I blinked sloppily slow. Tiredly, I slid into the uniform with a tart yawn, brushing it down and glancing at my figure in the mirror. Upon seeing myself, all dressed up in that signature black, men's sailor uniform, I couldn't believe it. This, I've always wanted this! Yet here it finally is! There was nothing stopping the newfound giddiness that rose in my belly.

I could totally get a girlfriend at this school!

Especially after I look this dapper!

"Aw man!!"
I mean think about it... Girls already love me anyways! -Ish! Well, they'll love me once everyone finds out I'm Chainsaw Man...

But still!

What if I get four girls! Once for each school day!

At the thought, an audible, breathy, girly gasp flew all daintily from my lips, causing an unexpected noise to beam out from behind the door. "What?" Hirofumi quirked, a hint of amusement in his words. This guy.... "Hmph." Wordlessly, I ignored him, pushing open the door and straightening up my posture.

Throwing on a dirty, grimey smile, I posed in front of the boy before me, to which, he only stared blankly at me. "I look so good! The ladies are gonna love me!" I cheered.

"That's... uh. Yeah sure." He chimed, walking briskly in front of me. Hirofumi seemed to gently shake his head as he walked off, mumbling a few cryptic things as his back stood strong to face me. And once I could confirm I was out of his line of sight, my hands fell solemnly to my chest, fingertips dragging over onto my heart.

There was a strong tug in my chest that I didn't notice yet.

It's so hard to move on like this, not when I'm not fully the same as I was.

To think Aki could've been the one sending me off on my first day... Maybe even power in a girl's uniform, crying for me to dress her just like she always... did...

I guess right now wasn't the best time to start take a minute of silence...

They'd be happy for me, I know they would.

"Speed up, come on." The boy called, pulling me from my thoughts. Asshole ruining my pledge.

Before long, the school day would start, and I was exposed to all kinds of people, sounds, places— pretty girls. It was exciting to see it all. There were few girls that were really hot! And though they scrunched up when they saw me, I'm sure they'll be blown away tomorrow!

The day seemed to drag on, regardless. Not too many people ended up wanting to speak to me, but I wasn't thinking about them anyways.

Today, I felt a little... weird so to speak? I don't know how to explain it but, it was like my body was all calm all over. Like a sense of pressure was laid against my brain, or as if I were wrapped in a cotton-blanket. Was this... was this what school does to folks?And now, as I walk Nayuta back home, I can't help but to be even happier about attending to school.