Ask #26

Peter: "Oh. Someone cares? Thought no one would."

*Melody puts down her lyre and walks towards Peter*

Melody: "Peter that wasn't very nice. You don't want to break a rule."

Peter: "Why SHOULD I be nice when everyone hates me?!"

Melody: "Peter, not everyone hates you. I don't hate you and-"

Peter: "AND WHAT?!"

Melody: "Andy doesn't hate you. He's just, for some reason, scared of you."

Peter: "Well the others do. They make that clear."

Melody: "How so? I don't see why they would hate you."

Peter: "Your clock friend likes to argue with me when I try to do something to "help" you guys. The mole questions EVERYTHING I do, clearly showing she doesn't trust me. And that rabbit just straight-up despises me."

Melody: "Well, I don't hate you nor do I have a reason to."

Peter: "So Moon, why DON'T you hate me like your friends?"

Melody: "Well, even though they see something bad, I see someone who is trying his best. And from what I've seen, the only bad stuff you've done were dares. I forgave you about the slime and you saved me a few times. I have no reason to hate you."

Peter: "Well, I don't have anything against you either. So far you're the one who has been um- What was that word... Nice to me. Ugh, I don't like saying that word. But you annoy me the least."

Melody: "Is that why you followed me to my playing spot? To get away from the others because you're scared you would break a rule?"

Peter: "Ehh, I'm not really scared of the book exactly. I'm- I guess you could say, a bit scared of one of the rules in it. The others, not really."

Melody: "What's the rule?"

Peter: "I- Shouldn't you go back to your friends?"

Melody: "Right, it's almost lunchtime."

*Melody grabs her lyre and starts to walk to the house*

Melody: "I know you don't want to tell me, but if you do, I won't tell ANYONE. I 'cross my heart and hope to die' promise to never say anything unless you want to tell them."

Peter: "Ehh, maybe one day, just not today kid. Now you better go, or your friends might get worried. I'll stay here."

Melody: "Alrighty. Bye-bye Friend!"

*Melody ran back to the house*

Peter: 'Friend?!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From villain to anti-hero, I guess. ( @undertalefrisk10342 's Idea. ) But at least he gets a friend.

                                         -Kat