"Don't Be Surprised"

"Don't be surprised, I'm screamin' don't be surprised, I'm screamin' don't be surprised, I'm screamin' don't be surprised, I'm screamin' don't be surprised when you see me way at the top,and when I start, I will never ever be stopped..." Haha, aww man, I had fun making this song with my boy, DJ Conley, honestly one of my favorite songs. I plan on doing a remake in the future with DJ Conley AND Suave Diego. If you read my last book, you should know we were known as "Tripl3 Threat", a lil reunion would be cool!

DJ had the first verse and I had the second verse, I can't break down DJ's verse, but I'm gonna break down my verse. "I used to get picked on for doing something totally different, but those same exact folks that be pickin' be the same ones listening...". People used to pick on me because I wanted to try something new, which was rap. I used to get clowned like it was NOTHING. Yet, they listened to my music anyways, like they was so backwards. "People gonna try to steal what's mine all the time, I put my clock in a cup cuz I ain't tryin' to waste no time, people talked bad about me until I blew up, they were like some dogs yeah, I got chewed up, but dem mutts spit me out, my name left a bad taste in their mouths, this rap life is not exactly what I wanted, better keep y'all mouth shut cuz I swear y'all don't want it...".

That particular part of my verse, I was rapping fast and I was really mad when I wrote it. I understand when I make it to the top, people are gonna try to steal my style, my music, etc. I don't want to waste time AT ALL, I need to have my time concealed so I don't waste time. People at school talked so much trash about me, "Khaos this.." , "Khaos that.." , then they stopped talking about me finally after I got better, ESPECIALLY when I made my transition into "TK", but we'll get into later.

Anyways, "Don't Be Surprised" was written in my mom's car on the road to my hometown of Augusta on a Friday. Took the whole trip to write the chorus and my verse, then sent the beat I chose to DJ via e-mail. I told him write his second verse and we would work on it when I come back to Atlanta that Sunday. Now, people around school hated on DJ's music just as much as they hated on my music. "Don't Be Surprised" was pretty much us saying, when we finally reach our full potential, do NOT be surprised, plain and simple. Which is why when the time comes, while my boys Suave and DJ and myself are at our prime, we'll remake the song. TRUST AND BELIEVE that.