Chapter 4 | Bullying |

After a couple of weeks, everyone fell into a routine. I fell into a routine of being bullied, attacked with homework, and actually looking forward to Percy’s letters. We had been writing back and forth, and it was even possible, I didn’t despise anymore. I merely disliked him.

    Moony’s lesson had been good, except for the fact that during the bogart lesson I snapped when I saw a pile of burning letters. This meant more to me than anything else because it showed the only thing keeping me going right now with the constant teasing and bullying. Which was saying something since the letters were from Percy.

    I was sitting in my dormitory gazing at Percy’s newest letter.

Butterfly,

  Wait, so you’re telling me Gotham City is not the capital of the United States? I’m sorry, but I”m having a hard time believing that. Gotham City is a historical site! It’s where Batman was born and grew up! There’s no way it can’t be the capital after that. Stop this gibberish that Washington DC is the capital. What superhero was born there?

  Seriously though, you said that you saw the dog again? Did you sense anything different? Like, I dunno, a dog soul? If it was a dog soul, maybe I wouldn’t feel so weird when I see it. When it stares at me, it’s like I can feel its eyes burning into my soul. It’s scary, Butterfly! Thalia said I was just being silly. I’M NOT SILLY ON PURPOSE! I just…lack proper education.

  Anyways, back to our long lasting debate, THERE ARE MORE DOORS IN THE WORLD THAN WHEELS! I don’t give a fishstick about what you think because it’s obviously DOORS! DOORS! DOORS! DOORS! Butterfly, you’re going to have to literally count every single door and every single wheel in the world to convince me otherwise. With me, not without. Otherwise, I won’t believe it. I’m quite…funiculus (I learnt a new word from Annabeth, tell me if I used it right) today if you say so.

From,
Your beloved Aquaman

    I barely had time to laugh when the female prefect burst in saying in a ‘calm’ voice that Sirius Black broke in and tried to break into the Gryffindor common room and that we were to sleep in the Great Hall. I groaned and got to my feet, bringing my letter as well.

    I plopped down on the sleeping bag next to Hermione. “Bonjour, Mademoiselle!” I said, and she grinned.

    “Salutations, ami!” She said, and I high-fived her. “What’s that?”

    “Just a letter.” I reasoned, and she nodded.

    “Do you think Black’s still in the castle?” Harry asked, anxiously.

    “Of course, why else would Dumbledore do this?” I said, and they nodded.

    “It’s very lucky he picked tonight, y’know,” Hermione said, and I nodded investedly. If Padfoot picked any other day, RIP Harry. “The one night we weren’t in the tower…”

    “I reckon he lost track of time, being on the run,” Ron said. “Didn’t realize it was Holloween. Otherwise, he’d come bursting into here.”

    Hermione shuddered.

    While they were debating how he got in, I was partially wondering why he didn’t try to get…me. Not that I wanted to die. Just…why did he want Harry over his own daughter? I reread Percy’s letter to make me feel better. “Sometimes I wish I could just be at camp.” I whispered, falling back on the sleeping bag.

ততততত

I sat under a tree writing a letter to Percy a few days later, with his letter beside me when the big black dog took it from beside me. “Hey!” I called out jumping to my feet and chasing after it. I was normally good at running, but the cramped school shoes kind of demeaned that. “That’s mine!” I yelled out as it ran into the Forbidden Forest and I ran after it.