"I don't know, you tell me," he taunted.

"Okay first of all, we don't canoodle or whatever. Second, we're just friends. We're not dating or anything like that" His reply was more flustered than he wanted it to be.

"But you want to, right?" 

 "What?"

"You want to date her. Woo her, charm her, romance her...You don't deny a rumor like that so, so, so passionately unless there's some truth to it. So let me ask again. Do you want to date Wanda Maximoff?" His tone still retained a sense of playfulness to it, almost like he was enjoying torturing Y/N.

Totally embarrassed, Y/N nodded.

"So what's stopping you?" Tony crossed to the stool next to Y/N's and sat down.

Y/N shrugged. "Not very good at it, I guess. Don't want to screw it up."

"Right," replied Tony as he crossed his arms and leaned back. "Never try, never fail. Good life motto if you never want to accomplish anything. Can I give you some advice?" he asked as he leaned over to Y/N.

"Sure?"

"When you have something good, don't throw it away. I've been through my fair share of women, believe you me. But Pep, man...she's different from all of them. I don't want to lose her. You know why? Because she means something to me. And that something, it makes all the difference."

Y/N nodded. Tony had a point.

"Look, just ask her out. You two obviously like each other. Take her to Giuseppe's. It's like a fifteen minute drive into town. I'll let you borrow the Ferrari. That'll definitely get you laid," he elbowed Y/N in the ribs. "Listen, I've gotta go. Something with Thor." He hopped off his stool and headed for the door. "Oh!" he exclaimed. "She likes sunflowers."

As he left, Y/N groaned and put his head in his hands, rubbing his forehead. I've just gotta do it, he thought to himself.

After he finished up in the workshop, Y/N headed back to his apartment to get changed. He figured a long run would help him clear his mind. He exited the elevator, hung a left, and headed down the hall. As he went to turn right down the next hallway, he nearly bumped into Wanda.

"Oh jeez, sorry," she apologized. "I didn't realize you were there."

"No it's my fault. I wasn't paying attention," Y/N choked out. He could feel his heart beating in his throat.

"Where were you this morning? I missed you at sparring."

"I was up with Tony. He needed help on a rocket he's working on for Rhodey's suit," he explained, rubbing the back of his head. "It took most of the morning."

"Well I'm headed to lunch. Wanna join?" she asked. She had that familiar twinkle in her eye she always had when it was just the two of them.

"No thanks. I'm, uhh, I need to go for a run." He defused bombs for eight years. Surely asking Wanda Maximoff on a date was easier than that.

"Oh. Okay then. See you later then," she replied, her voice tinged with dejection. She stepped around Y/N and headed around the corner.

"Wanda," Y/N blurted before he realized what he was doing. She turned and looked at him. "Do you wanna go to dinner with me?"

Wanda opened her mouth to speak, but then closed it abruptly. She tilted her head as she looked at him. "Are you asking me on a date?" she implored.

"Well, uhh, yeah." He felt himself blush.

She smirked. "Alright. Pick me up at 7?"

"Yeah, that works."

"See you later then, Hemingway," she winked as she walked away.