𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: ALL HAIL HER HIGHNESS!

"Aurora, you know I'll be always here for you, right?"

"Brother...you..."

Periwinkle irises snapped open, followed by the faint pants escaped on the General's mouth.

Aurora's face had turned slightly pale as a result of her dream. It was strange and befuddling, and it completely took Aurora's thoughts off track. In her dream, a young boy sat across from her as they settled on a meadow with rose bushes around them and its petals didn't seem to stop blowing due of the wind that strangely getting stronger more and more.

Unfortunately, Aurora cannot see the boy's face because the wind purposefully carried the petals on her to blocking her sight to prevent her from seeing the boy's visage.

"Your highness, the Queen wants you to join her with dinner."

A voice outside was heard followed after a knock on the door, snapping Aurora out of her reverie. "I see, tell her highness I'll be there." She spoke loudly enough to make the royal servant responded a 'yes' and soon after left.

Hearing the royal servant's footsteps faded completely, Aurora got up from her bed and then fixed her posture as she stared at her reflection on the mirror.

A red cape with gold lining draped half over her right shoulder as she wore a white tunic adorned with gold buttons in between the rose with thorns patterns outline with red and gold, a slightly thick gold aiguillette were pinned to her left connected to her cape tipped with a pointed tip, and gold epaulettes on her shoulder.

Aurora wore a pair of white pants with a black belt wrapped securely on her as she wore the supposedly worn by a royal prince instead of an attire for a princess. She took one last time to glance at her reflection before exiting her chamber completely.

Walking alone inside the hall was quiet, all Aurora could hear was her footsteps that echoed throughout the walls that covered with paintings and portraits of the royal family.

A rose maze painting.

The kingdom itself.

Her mother, The Queen's portrait.

And the rest of the royal bloodlines' portraits.