𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVEN: MALEFICENT

A forest stood apart from the mortals.

Deep in the forest, the atmosphere was dark and eerie as heavy fog filled the entire area, making it difficult to see, and the final thing discovered were the sharp thorns covering the vine like porcupine quills, forming a massive wall to protect what's inside.

A small land and a castle that no humans lived on are hidden behind a massive vine-covered wall.

The land of Moors.

Outsiders dubbed it the abode of mythical creatures such as fairies, elves, dwarfs, tree spirits, and other such beings.

"It's been almost a month and Lilia hasn't returned."

A theatrical voice boomed through the seemingly deserted castle, as did the sound of heels clicking on the marbled floor.

A figure with horns on their heads came to a stand in front of the wide window, watching the fairies and other creatures have fun throwing mud on each other outside.

SPLAT

The creatures came to a screeching halt and turned stiffly to look out the enormous window. The dirt slowly dripped down on the glass and onto the ground as they could see the Moors' ruler's glowing green eyes.

Oh my goodness! Mistress Maleficent is going to murder us!

We're completely screwed! Pixy, it's all your fault!

What?! It isn't my fault! It's all Mary's fault!

Wha-

Shh! Mistress Maleficent is watching!

Maleficent rolled her eyes at them, who had now stopped whispering, before waving her hand as her magic threw the dirt back at them, staining them even more. She chuckled as she watched the creatures get engulfed in mud before walking away from the scene and ultimately arriving at her throne.

"I wonder what Lilia has been up to."

She hummed, her chin resting on her open palm. It's been almost a month and Lilia hasn't returned after fighting the humans who bravely assumed they'd catch them. Her pale hand caressed the scepter on her other hand without thinking before snapping her fingers.

"Maybe he's dead?"

She paused for a moment before shaking her head. No...Lilia is strong enough to defeat. After all, he is her right hand. Her green irises glanced at the enormous door after hearing the faeries' tiny but high pitched voices outside, which motioned her hand to the tree spirit to open it.

"We caught a bunny intruder, Mistress Maleficent!"

The three faeries yelled almost simultaneously, clutching the squirming bunny's ears together as they flew in front of the evil faerie.

"What happened?"

Maleficent inquired, her gaze fixed on the bunny who had given up hope of escaping the faeries' clutches. "We found that this rabbit was able to get through the wall!" One of the faeries exclaimed, while the other two nodded in agreement.

"Perhaps they're pretending to be rabbit!"

"They could be from the Kingdom of Thorns!"

"Let's turn this bunny into a dandelion! Yes indeed!"

"You're right, Lily!"

Maleficent sighed as she massaged her temples, hearing the three happily chanting and floating around with the rabbit still in their clutches, looking disoriented.

"You three, put the rabbit down. He's not from that...ugh, that dreadful Kingdom," she snarled, clutching her scepter. The mere mention of the kingdom's name enraged her, especially after what they had all done to her.

When the faeries sensed Maleficent's attitude changing, they immediately dropped the rabbit and scurried outside the castle with the tree spirit. With a single wave of Maleficent's fingers, the rabbit transformed into a young child with bunny ears and a cotton tail.

"Wuwuwu...my ears are hurting!" The young kid wailed, massaging his aching ears. As the pain subsided, he turned to face Maleficent, who rose from her throne and moved closer to him. "Have you found anything new outside yet?" Once he heard Maleficent ask, he quickly nodded.

"I discovered someone living in the neighboring woodland who has been feeding me!" He beamed, slightly drooling at the cuisine he'd been consuming for the past few weeks. Maleficent raised her brows at the rabbit kid, who perked up and remembered something.

"The person who looked after me found Lilia-sama on the river and helped him! Lilia-sama is badly wounded!"

Maleficent was drawn in by what he said. "Lilia is badly wounded? That's new..." Maleficent murmured, taken aback by the revelation. This is bad. That kingdom had wrought something perilous for them.

The next thing the bunny kid said caused Maleficent's eyes to narrow.

"Also, oh! It's the fabled prince who looked after him! Prince [Name]!"