Episode 1: Freezing to Death

Here's a new story! Enjoy!

It was winter in the land, endless blankets of snow covered the land and trees.

Out in the forest, a tall young man was walking around, before stopping to examine a tree before he looked at the snow

Out in the forest, a tall young man was walking around, before stopping to examine a tree before he looked at the snow. He had an athletic build, his white hair was now in a shaggy style with a turkey tail sticking out the back, a scar across his cheek, and buck teeth slightly sticking out of his mouth. He wore a fur hood, fur chest plate, a necklace made of string and a leaf trapped in tree resin, armored fur gloves, a belt bag, a tunic made of layers of fur, leggings, and leather boots with fur knee guards.

For the sake of the story, this young man is Lincoln or Linc for short. Linc took out a pickaxe, made of a long stone that was sharpened on both ends and tied to a carved wooden stick with fiber bindings.

 Linc took out a pickaxe, made of a long stone that was sharpened on both ends and tied to a carved wooden stick with fiber bindings

Using the pickaxe, Lincoln dug into the snow, separating the snow to reveal the frozen ground beneath. Among the dirt, frozen grass, and stones, were mushrooms and truffles, frozen like the grass. Lincoln carefully dug around the mushrooms and truffles until he was able to pull them out then placed them into his fur bag.

Lincoln then continued his trek, and as he walked through the trees he spotted a deep footprint in the snow. It was a medium-sized animal with hooves. Lincoln followed the footprints for about 10 yards, before stopping and beginning to set up something.

*10 Minutes Later*

A boar began approaching the area where Linc had stopped, but Lincoln was nowhere to be seen, and all traces were gone. Except for a few truffles on the ground, which the boar was eyeing like a hawk, the boar trotted over to the truffles but before it could begin eating, a rope made of roots snapped up from under the snow. The boar squealed out in fear but the rope was wrapped around its neck and its head. It was then pulled up into the air and its neck snapped from its own weight.

The boar then flopped to the ground with a rope getting pulled down from the tree branches then Lincoln stepped out of the snow-covered shrubbery. Brushing the snow off him, Lincoln then tied up the boar with the rope and dragged it with him. Lincoln then began his trek back in the direction he came.