Falling

She wants to help the other truck of hostages, but while it's not on fire like the first, Bucky forces herself to help John instead. He doesn't deserve her help, as far as she's concerned, but she also can't just let someone die. And especially not for her own desires. Bucky takes a step towards the other truck, halts when she hears John cry out in pain and feels torn, but forces herself still to turn back to him. She sees Karli and two of the Flags kicking him repeatedly while he tries to block the hits from the ground, that stupid fake shield of his doing absolutely nothing to protect him.

But when Bucky sees the other Flag turn around and rip out one of the parking meters straight from the concrete, she springs forward and barges into him with both strength and weight, sends him flying back into the metal fencing. She sees John kick one of the Flag's away from him before springing back up onto his feet, turns to see the Flag in front of her doing the same. The Flag manages a half-powered slug to her gut, but Bucky doesn't even flinch in her anger, instead pulls her metal fist back and launches it into his chest, and with it, he's launched harshly back into the fence again, this time bending it in half.

Bucky glances behind her, sees John's fight coming even closer, but has to turn and dodge the incoming punch from her attacker. He goes to punch her again, but Bucky blocks with her flesh hand and punches him twice with her metal hand, hearing his nose crack. Her flesh hand lets go of him, lets him sink to his knees slowly before she returns the kick to his gut with a little extra force and sends him groaning and rolling around in a daze. She barely has time to revel in her efforts before the air is moving behind her and Karli is letting out sloppy grunts before she attacks.

Bucky swirls around, misses the parking meter crashing down on her head and instead into the concrete. She quickly rights her balance, glares at the younger supersoldier. Karli swings back around, swiping over Bucky's head as she ducks just in time. She swings it around again, and this time Bucky can't get out of the way, so brings up her metal arm to block the heavy pole. Karli presses forward, metal still on metal, and Bucky is out-matched by strength alone, feels her boots skidding back, bit by bit. Her eyes scan for a weapon, her metal fingers swipe up the metal chains loosened from the broken fence and wrap around her knuckles before smacking Karli hard in the face with them.

Karli grunts loudly, both shocked and slightly pained, and Bucky tries not to enjoy it too much, tries to focus on beating the snot out if this kid. Karli roars angrily, tosses the pole aside, and Bucky tries to prepare for the attack. Karli charges forward and at the last moment, sends a pretty impressive (Bucky can only bitterly admire) 360° kick right into her chest. And then she's pressing metal fingers into concrete, and then she's still falling anyway and then nothing prepares Bucky for the split second flashback of her falling from the train...

The moment she lets out a very loud yelp of terror, she can hear Sam's panicked voice in her ear, "Bucky?!"

Not helpful, Sam, Bucky thinks as Steve's horrified face and scream of terror fill her mind for another split second...

Bucky looks down, halfway down from landing, sees the ground come up quick, and quickly remembers that she fell for much longer, that it's just her mind fucking with her. "I'm good, Sam." She says calmly, closes her eyes, grits her teeth in anger at the red-headed bitch and rights her body just in time. She lands on one knee and her metal fist, with it taking "most of the brunt." She almost gets to smile when hearing Sam's sigh of relief, but instead is holding up her metal fist in time to take the force of a Flag behind a metal fucking beam now.

Ugh.

Just because she has a metal arm, everyone always seems to think it's only fair to grab a metal weapon of their own. Sure, OK, but Bucky can't help that it's her fucking appendage!