Dreadfall Special

Selene's POV

It was towards the middle of fall when everyone in Berk was decorating for something. There were pumpkins that had shapes carved in them. I saw many Vikings grabbing paint and brushes and all the dragons were lining up and were being painted. Crystal and I looked at each other with confusion. "What is going on?" My sister asked me. I shrugged my shoulders, being just as clueless as she was. We walked to the arena and saw the others dressing their dragons up too. 'Am I just missing something or what?' I asked myself. Hiccup must've noticed mine and Crystals' confused stares and walked over to us with a semi-painted Toothless. "What in the name of Thor is happening? Everyone is painting their dragons and what is with the decorations?" I asked my boyfriend. He just chuckled. And took my hand in his. "It's Dreadfall. This is a holiday that we dress up, carve pumpkins and  many  other things." I started to understand it a bit, but didn't know what to do. "So, what can Crystal and I do then?" I asked him. He dragged me over to some paint. "Why not trying to paint Crystal a bit? Maybe draw a pattern on her or something." I then grabbed a brush and got an idea. I grabbed some yellow and red paint, I decided to paint her to look like Thunderstream. I found some branches for the horns and once I was done, Crystal looked like a smaller version of our mother, just without the extra set of wings. "This is actually cool. I could be mother's twin." Crystal smiled the best she could while the paint dried a bit. "Crystal looks great, Selene." I looked over my shoulder and saw Astrid coming over to us. "Thanks, Astrid." I thanked the blonde warrior. Stormfly had black paint over her horn and snout. She then had orange paint over her wings in a flame pattern. The twins dressed Barf and Belch to look like them. "Like rider like dragon." Crystal chuckled and I laughed along with her. Toothless's snout was painted white, along with the tips of his wings. Then, he had red paint in the middle of his wings. Snotlout decided to paint Hookfang white so he looked like a mummy in a way. Fishlegs painted Meatlug a little more green, so she looked like a zombie.

"What's next?" I asked the others. "While the paint drys, we can go carve our own pumpkins." Hiccup informed me. We all walked to the plaza to see some tables set up. There were daggers and knives for the carvings. I knew I wanted to carve mine to look like Crystal. I grabbed a knife and started getting to work. It didn't take as long as I thought it would. Once we were all done, we all showed each other our pumpkins'. It was funny, we all carved our dragons. "This is fun, what's the next step?" I asked them and they all grinned. "Next up, we get to dress up." They all split up towards their own homes. I couldn't think of what to dress up as though, but I got an idea. I gathered some fabric and thick branches. I decided to dress up as Crystal.

(Not mine)

(Not mine)

Once I was done, I was very proud of myself. I even painted my face to match Crystal's facial features. I wanted to surprise my friends and lover with my costume so, I decided to go to the party late. I looked out through the window to see a harvest moon, perfect for this night. "Sis, you ready?" I saw Crystal coming up, but when she saw me she nearly tripped on the stairs. "You look amazing! How did you do that in this amount of time?" She asked me and I just smiled at her. "Let's go join the others." She nodded and we walked out the door to the village lit up. I noticed there were candles inside the pumpkins to make them glow. Crystal took off towards the other dragons and started to dive into the buffet. I was about to walk forwards, when I felt arms wrap around my waist and lift me in the air. I laughed with joy knowing it was just Hiccup. "You looked amazing, my love." Hiccup told me once he set me down. I managed to look over my shoulder and fake wings to see that my boyfriend had dressed up as Toothless. "You're Toothless costume looks wonderful." I complimented him. He offered his hand and I smiled while taking it. We walked down and saw all our friends dressed up as their dragons. We all had a wonderful time,but then Stoick's thunderous voice rang out. "Now, it's time to announce the best costumes for this evening." I didn't even know there was a costume contest. "It's obviously gonna be me, I mean come on." Snotlout bragged while showing off his Hookfang mask. It was a few seconds later that the whole mask collapsed. Snotlout shrieked before running off. "And there are actually two winners tonight. Selene and Hiccup with costumes of their dragons." Stoick announced. Hiccup and I just laughed as he lifted me up in the air and spun me around. Crystal and Toothless came over and were jumping up and down with glee. "You're guys' costumes are pretty awesome! We're glad you won." Toothless told us as he and Crystal nuzzled into each other. Hiccup and I just hugged each other tightly before looking up at the moon. This was a night to remember.