Swim Meet

The big swim meet's news was bustling through the school. Apparently there is a State Championship in swimming and we qualified to compete against another school. To me it was stupid, heck I didn't even know who we were competing against. But it was huge in school.

"Okay class, today as you all know are swim team is competing in the state championship!" Our English teacher Mrs. Monet announced.

"This is a huge deal so we have a assembly to celebrate this accomplishment," she said excitingly.

"So please when the bell rings and this class ends make your way to the gymnasium."

"Ok?" She asked.

"K!" We replied.

Dinggggggg!!!!!!!!

We all made rushed out of the classroom and almost ran to the gym. I, just walked. It wasn't that exciting, to me.

"Hey Owl Head!" Somebody yelled.

I turned around to see Thalia waving at me.

"Hey Thals! How was class," I asked.

"Boring as usual," I said.

"Everybody's going crazy over this swim meet, isn't it crazy?" I said.

"Yeah it is," she exclaimed. "But if was Percy you'd be going crazy you know."

"Oh shut up," I said jokingly.

She hit me playfully.

We walked into the gym, chairs were set up throughout the basketball court. Our swim team were in the front smiling and waving like superstars. Everybody rushed to get a good seat. Thalia and I say in the back, away from everybody else.

Our principle walked up and tapped the microphone before saying,

"Good morning school! As most of you already know our brother school was qualified for the state championship!"

Applause followed that statement.

"So we thought that we would get to know our enemy, as in most battles, this is our war."

A bunch of people mummered in excitement.

"Now we received news today the team that we are competing against is..."

Everybody was on the edge of their seats.

"Goode Highschool!!!" He announced.

I almost fell of my seat. That's Percy's school! Thalia gasped. Oh gosh this is going to be awkward.

"Oh my gods!" Thalia whispered to me.

"I know," I whispered back.

Percy is the caption of the swim team. At first I thought it would unfair. But he assured me that he wouldn't use his powers to manipulate the water. Water just gives him strength and energy.

"So," he started. "We have pictures and articles of their swim team, to just get to know them."

"So first this is their team," a picture of the team appeared. It only had seven members but that was enough.

"From left to right, they are Kale White, Chris Morrison, Sam Epperson, Tim Gregory, Richard Price, Fred Yellis, and Percy Jackson," he said.

I smiled when I saw Percy flash his gorgeous smile at the camera. I saw a lot of girls gasp at the picture of the seven hot boys. Percy of course being the first, and then Chris second, Kale third, and the rest just filed in.

One of the boys from our swim team, the caption, walked up to the microphone.

"I don't think we will have much problem over this team but there is two threats, that we have to take notice of." He said.