Chapter 6: The Girl with a Pale Skin

Start from the beginning

(Gasping)

One big breathe in and I was able to recover and I breathe in deeply for more than twice again and as soon as I smell the old corridor's scent of mixed airdusts, wooden ceilings, and wall paints, I felt okay. I throw one last look at the stairs and held my breath. I combed my hair up to regain my posture. Thereafter, I walked closely towards the door of Room 600B.

I was sure I saw her. She was at the seat where she was this morning. Just that now, when I passed by a while ago, I saw her sitting alone there.

I moved slower this time. I observed the students at the corridor. Two of them were around 8 to 10 meters away from me. It will be obvious if they see something unusual in me as I examine the room suspiciously. So i decided to pretend that everything is going normal. I looked at the seat and the girl was not there any more. I decided to recollect from my brain if I saw a presence here as I passed by barely 5 minutes ago.

As i backtrack inside my head, I focused on the seat where I thought I saw a presence. And i saw her spot in my head. Like a limelight towering above her. She was sitting on a gray metal chair that is in the middle of the second row. Talking. "Wait, is she talking? " I asked inside my head. And I played with the reels of my memory again to focus on a particular moment created within the corner of my eyes. Yes, she was talking! I was sure, her hand moves as if to prove a point! But I can not see any presence other than the girl. And yes, she was really there a while ago! The girl with the pale skin.

"Why is the girl talking to her self?" I asked myself as the recollection burries and now I see the seat false of any mien that my memory provided.

I realized that if she went out, i should see her within this floor. So i started looking at each and every room from Room 600B to 609B. But I saw no presence of the girl. I looked at my watch and the time says, 12:27. It's break time. "She must have went down", I told myself. But I was at the stairs where she would have passed by to walk down! As I try to settle my puzzled thoughts I noticed that the door at Room 610B was swinging slowly as if someone has just entered inside. I moved closer towards the door as I look at my back to see if anyone notices my unusual behavior. The students at the corridor seem to talk normally. I am appeased.

I held the door of Room 610B to stop it from swaying. And my eyes carefully scanned the room. Lights were out, but the afternoon sun brightens the inside so it wasn't too dim. The sheer light was enough to see any movements.

My eyes scanned carefully. From the platform to the chairs aligned on each and every row.  To every corner of the room and then to the 5th row where I have my designated seated. I sensed a sillhoutte moving from there. I looked closer from behind the door and adjusted its opening so that the sunrays enlighten more the inside of the room. And as the sunrays crawls on the floor to break in, the shadow starts to reveal a human shape. The feet first of a girl in black school shoes. I saw bleak of checkered blue skirt of a female college uniform. I adjusted the door to open a little more, and led the sunrays further inside. The light began to reveal more of the details. Pale white hands covered by a blue college sweater. A white freckled face and small, thin lips with only paleness to color them. Scarlet red, wavy hair that seems to be the only thing that gives life to her paleness. Green cat-eyes.

The girl with a pale skin was seated on seat No. 7. I watched behind the door as she scrutinize it closely and carefully like investigating over something. As eccentric as it is, she rubs her fingers on the desk.

I dropped my mouth open. Careful not to make a sound as I watched her every move while my whole thought is in broken disarray. She stood up then she settled at seat No. 6 of the same row. And did the same thing she did at seat No. 7. But not long after she stood up and went back to my seat. And her fingers caress its back, its arm and the desk. She stood up to caress her fingers on the seat of the chair itself, before going back to sit again and closed her eyes. And as I watched her, my heart beat faster and i felt dizzier. Maybe out of hunger as it is past breaktime already. But more out of fear for random thoughts going on inside my head. I was fighting an intense force that tells me to get closer to this girl. But even if my feet are dragging me towards her, I am too afraid to follow my steps so I just stood there as I feel my pulsates getting louder and louder, so much they deafen me.

"Why is she sitting on my chair?" I asked myself reasonably. Too many questions framed my thoughts already. And I reached a quota of unusual incidents that daunted me since I transferred here at Mt. Clermont College. They are tiring me out. Because... I never had these experiences before. I never had any like this. But one thing that quite amuses me, is the fact that I seem to strive impressively.  Like... I had vied with the challenges I have encountered since day one here, but in a different arena.

As the extreme force continued to try to move my feet towards the girl with the pale skin, my jaded body got more tired and I became dizzier. I was certain that I might ran out of consciousness if I can't beat this force. So I struggled to remain standing to see more of what the girl will do. And as I gripped my hand tighter on the door to help me to stay still, it created a long but little sound that caught the girl's attention. I stomped my feet repeatedly to blame my clumsiness. I peeked out from the door and her eyes scanned my presence behind and as her green eyes meet my blue, her pale body fell in frail unconsciousness right on my very seat. I revealed myself behind the door to help her and my body blocked the sunrays from the outside. But as I walk courageously towards her, my dizziness worsened and I dropped on the floor helplessly.

I am helpless.

*****

UP NEXT : "Chapter 7: Like A Melting Candle"

Hello everyone! How do you like this Chapter? How do you like the story so far? Do you have an idea by now on this story?

What will happen when they regain consciousness? Whose name/s will be revealed in the next Chapter? Find out soon!

Thank you for your reads, votes and comments on my hard work!

Poland, America, Australia, Philippines, India, Canada, Malaysia and now Iran! thank you readers around the world!

Kind regards,

LL.B, Thomas