Chapter 6: The Girl with a Pale Skin

My mind is in limbo. But i try as much to not be anything but strong. I feel the need to be potent enough not to succumb to any oddness that has been occuring lately. No one can help me, I guess. No one but me.

Fresh from being lured by 'Belle's' exceptional recital, the luminous face of the girl I just saw at Room 600B kept on flashing in eerie fashion. At first, brief lights in small frames that appear to zoom nearer and larger. And with every abrupt flash, her face becomes larger and larger until it almost bump my face. And then she quickly zoom away in small frames. One fast flash and my eyes went obscure as her pale white hand extended from the small frames eager to touch my face in a specter. My head wanted to scream the hell out of it and I think... I am getting a little something other than normal.

"You like me..." said the lovely voice as the sight of the girl with a pale skin continues to blurry my mind adding mistiness to my morning torments. The extended hand starts to fade away.

"Yeah..." I replied drunkly. Distractingly conscious of what was going on outside my visions.

"Haha! Loser!" the sarcastic remark that vibrated from the outside was teasingly cute.

"No..no.. I...uh...I'm..." i stuttered in protest as I try to cope from dizziness caused by the blurry visions inside my mind. I wanted to say, "no it's not what I meant" but I was extremely dizzy, I lost a bit of my sense reason.

I knocked on my head with my left knuckles. Three thumps and the visions disappeared. I rubbed my eyes quickly and a clearer vision of an empty room 610B emerged at my sight after a few winks. The room is vacant with any occupants. The wintry atmosphere was all mine to feel. Chairs aligned perfectly as the spirit of quietness looms in with the outside noise of students going out of other classrooms. A diversion was created by the wind coming from the door and I saw a shiny, brown hair belonging to a girl who has just left inside. Probably the last person to get out from this class.

I hurriedly packed my things to run after her. I turned the lights off before finally leaving the room and shut the door behind me.

I knew it was her! It was 'Belle 'who was talking to me while I was having visions of the girl with a pale skin.

I ran after her as I see her beautiful brown hair being flipped slowly by the mid morning air. And as the soft breeze rocks, its fragrance was flown into the air stifling my sense of smell with eerie seduction. She walks like she was slow dancing as I watched her back. She finally was walking along the corridors of room 600B where the downstairs start to connects to the floor. I galloped to catch her before she walks down the stairs.

My mind says I want to talk to her. But, I am sure it is not out of anything romantic or lovely. Though I must admit, that she is stunningly pretty. I guess my male hormones are confused too. I don't know of any personal reasons why, but one thing is certain, I want to talk to her. I must. I need to.

"Ah, I must congratulate her for a beautiful work at the concluded poem recital in Literature!" I just told myself.

"Belle!" I called her as my feet were nearing Room 600B and where the stairs await. But my voice seemed to echo again in a glass-like structure. It was too loud for my hearing. I passed by 4 or 5 students along the corridor who were too busy chatting with one another.

"Belle! Hey wait for me for a sec-" i was interrupted when i saw a presence moving at Room 600B. "-ond!" I muttered the last syllable without conviction. I realized I really do not want to talk to 'Belle' today but to this girl who saw me earlier. And the visions gave me more reason to approach her. So as not to be too obvious that I am mysteriously distracted, i decided to pass by completely and continue running up to the third steps of the stairs to look down at the spirals. No more 'Belle'. I looked down further. And as I look further and further down I felt dizzy. I felt a strong succoring force downwards was sucking my breath out as the spiraling staircase moved in circles in my head. I am losing my breath! I walked slowly up again by dragging my weight to catch my dying breath.