Snow

18th December 2022

Dear Chainsaw,

Who is Mr Grey? The cat or the sly human hiding half his face behind the cat. If it's the human, let him know that I think he has beautiful eyes (even though I can only see one) and if it's the Cat, then I got a surprise for him that I sent along with this letter :)

On a serious note: I can't believe you did that. Are we doing this now? Teasing through the photograph? Is that so, Chainsaw? Because two can play that game.

And your letter, Chainsaw? If I didn't know any better, I'd think you're flirting with me. You are unleashing that heart of yours. I think I can get used to this.

Thank you for that heartfelt letter. I didn't know my words would mean so much to anybody.

Maybe if we ever met, I could take you to one of my favourite places in Chiang Mai and you could take me to your favourite beaches. How does that sound to you?

I've done camping only once in my life and that was in middle school. What I'm trying to say is, that I might not be the most pleasant company to camp with. Don't be surprised if I end up burdening you. And about the Beach visit? I already have a list of places I'd take you to (don't ask me, it's a surprise that you may or may not ever find out).

I think I must be thinking about you and your letters a lot too 'cause last night, I dreamt of you. Or at least I think it was you. It felt like you. We didn't talk in the dream but I think I imagined you smiling and laughing even though I have no clue what you sound or look like. It was more like a feeling. It may sound weird because we have not seen, heard or touched each other yet but somehow, I could feel your energy there. I'd like to think it means something good.

The scent I use? That is a secret. But I'll have you know that it's a personalized scent that someone specially made for me. Not too sweet, not too strong. Something very close to perfect. It's inevitable to like it!

Funny story. Whenever we get a parcel, it is received by the warden of the hostel. My name gets called on speakers every alternate day. I'm almost sure the whole hostel knows my name by now because of how often it gets announced. One time the Warden asked: Why the hell is your lover sending you letters in the era of phones?

I didn't bother correcting him. Not everyone has to know that I write letters to a guy who goes by the pen name Chainsaw, right? It can be our little secret :)

My most played song at the moment?

Home To You by Sigrid. It's a beautiful song and the lyrics speak to me.

What was my childhood dream?

This one will need some serious thinking.

I think...the earliest one I could recall is that I wanted to own a bakery and eat all kinds of sweets all day and all night. I have a sweet tooth. I think I wanted to become a Christmas tree seller too.

Then I wanted to become a world famous Tennis player and begged to get myself enrolled in tennis classes. I even got qualified enough to play in a few junior international tournaments but soon after I ended up quitting. Sometimes I wonder where I would have been if I hadn't quit. Do I regret it? I still haven't been able to figure it out. Do I miss it? Yes. It was a big chunk of my life.